Compost activater

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Brenjon
KG Regular

Having not got even one reply from my last serious posting(broad beans)I will try something else.
When adding urine to a compost heap is it advisable to dilute it, "or serve it neat".Interesting to see if this topic gets more replys.
Regards brenjon
Johnboy
KG Regular

God didn't supply me with a diluter!
JB.
alan refail
KG Regular

I use it "as it comes". You could dilute depending on how dry the compost materials are. The net result will be the same, I'm sure.
Hope you get serious replies this time.

Cofion gorau

Alan
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
richard p
KG Regular

i just sprinkle it about a bit on my uncovered heaps, it will get diluted and washed in when it rains
John
KG Regular

Yes he did, Johnboy! Its called water and drinking a couple of pints of it will soon dilute the yellow stuff.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi John,
I remain adamant!
JB.
Geoff
KG Regular

I thought adamant was what you read when used a public place instead of the compost heap.
John
KG Regular

Hello JB
Its not 'adamant' that you need but Adam's Ale!

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Multiveg
KG Regular

I don;t like Ale. Perhaps I should hire a prince charmin' to drink it and activate my compost heap.
peter
KG Regular

Just search the forum for "liqued gold".

You might just see Chantal's name pop up. :roll: :twisted: :oops:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Allan
KG Regular

Going on from the liquid gold, in the Gold Rush one of the plants that the miners ate was miners lettuce alias montia (claytonia) perfoliata. We grow it for winter salading which has now finished but it has a habit of shedding seeds everywhere if you leave it in too long. This year it carpeted one of our tunnels, mixed up with chickweed and we had to clear them which gave us a surprising amount of greenstuff to put into the compost heap to mix with the drier rabbit bedding. In my opinion this is far more useful than my meagre offerings could be but we will put both in.
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Hi Multiveg - I got the 'pun' maybe the best way to use the urine would be to just "stand and deliver" :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic