Westwood Mower

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

alan p
KG Regular

Hi can anyone tell me the belt sizes for a westwood T11 Ride on mower the dealer belts are just so expensive mine are worn beyond recognition and bearing and belt dealers are about 1/2 the price
many thanks hopefully alan
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Alan,
I am not familiar with Westwood T11 belt sizes...But..I have an old cross ref' book to a pattern parts providers belt part numbers..some of which seem to also list standard size refs as well...but sadly not all.!!..

As I think the belts will provide clutch function I think it may be wise to go for a quality belt suitable for a clutch application rather then the basic version of that belt size.

Do you have any original Westwood part numbers to cross ref from.??

Clive.
ian husker
KG Regular

Hi Allen/Clive. The Bartram Mowers Website has all the spares and diagrams for Westwood mowers. They list the T1100 and T1200 together so I think they will use the same belts. They have all the part numbers and prices listed. I have a T1200 and when I needed a replacement collector drive belt I took the old one to my local car spares shop and asked for one about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter to allow for stretch. It works perfectly and was about 1/6th of the price of a genuine part. Hope this helps. Ian
alan p
KG Regular

Thanks ian will check it out :D
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
I had a quick look at the Bartram site...I have used it before for some Qualcast refs..but did not think of using it for other makes :oops:

On my quick look I did not see a T11 ref.??.only T1100...are they one and the same..??...
..but it was only a quick look and it may be there.??

If you can decipher which belts you may need from their site..and thus establish the Westwood part numbers...let me know and I will see if I can hazard any guesses to possible A or B belt lengths should they tally with any of the numbers in my old cross reference book...which may then at least give a starting point when you visit the engineers supply outlet.

All the best,
Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic