Merry Tiller with trailer

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Dave Enser

I've just bought a Merry Tiller which incorporates a little trailer. It's in great working condition but I've no manual with it. Does anyone know when these were built and if manuals are obtainable?
My "E" MAIL is [email protected]
Thanks to anyone who can give me advice
peter
KG Regular

Dave, go to www.merrytiller.co.uk is best source available on web.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Dave,
Hopefully you may be able to work out the age of your Merry Tiller via info' on Richards website; www.merrytiller.co.uk
He may have a manual to suit.

With regards the trailer, I attach below a part scan of the MT price list of 1st Feb 1977 this gives an insight into the trailers that were made to suit at that date.

I have a MT trailer chassis with solid rubber tyres which has a tipping barrow body of the same rivetted construction as an old navvy wheelbarrow body....this was bought originally by a next door neighbour as a job lot with a Merry Tiller Professional with Clinton engine. I'm not sure when this would have been but I remember him carting bricks for his bungalow in the MT barrow which I would think would be late 1960s..??

All the best,
Clive.
Compo
KG Regular

Hi folks, someone has given me a rotovator, it is red like a merry tiller and has the same angle iron sub frame, but only one wheel on the front and the depth guide is on the back, it has a B & S engine, any ideas?? I'll post a pic soon.

Comps
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Compo,

Two machines come to mind...one the Merry Tiller Cadet of which post 1983 versions will look very similar to the tiller in the photo I posted on the Qualcast Cultimatic B66 thread lower down the Tools & Machinery page... albeit it will be red not green and have a B&S engine. Earlier versions of the Cadet had a fixed handle, not adjustable/foldable.

A second thought would be a tiller sold as a Mountfield Manor..I think early versions were in red and similar to described..

Doubtless there may be others.??..the photos will hopefully give the answer..

All the best,
Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic