cloches and small tunnels

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Allan
KG Regular

If anybody is looking for small tunnels and cloches as I was at First Tunnels website the information is still there but not on the main pages, you have to downoad the PDF brochure file to get the full story. They have a good choice on low metal hoop tunnels.
I shall be buying more for my early runner beans.
Allan
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Allan may i be so bold in asking, what variety of runner bean would you recommend for growing under large barn cloches, i will not be growing them up hazel sticks when the cloches are removed, so a dwarf variety will suffice.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Allan
KG Regular

I would not recommend any dwarf runner beans, those that tried them have found that what with the mud, the slugs and the mis-shapes you don't get a worthwhile return for your effort. If you really want to grow stickless then grow the tall ones but keep pinching out the tops so that you form more of a bush, it gives you an earlier crop but won't last the season through. in the trade they are known as pinched beans and command a lower price.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic