Amberley Cross - Tomato

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

GIB
KG Regular

Does anybody know where i can get some Amberley Cross tomato seed/plants?

I have looked everywhere but nobody seems to supply them :( - i know that they are difficult to source but hoped somebody could point me in the right direction? :?
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Have you tried the organic heritage seedbank Rhyton ? Or real seed company?
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
alan refail
KG Regular

Nature's Babe wrote:Have you tried the organic heritage seedbank Rhyton ? Or real seed company?

Neither of them have it.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

This is quite an elusive tomato. I've looked all over and can only find a few references to it and as you say no one selling seeds.

I've just looked through the seeds of Kokopelli book and it isn't in there either.

Where have you come across it? What are its special qualities for making you want to grow it? I must say it is a variety I've never heard of before.
GIB
KG Regular

It used to be called 'Ware Cross' - my mum said that her grandfather used to grow them and they awere the best tasting tomato that she had tasted and asked if i could try and find some seeds or plants for her. I found out that they are no longer known as Ware Cross but are now Amberley Cross.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic