Gonna give up and pave over my allotment

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Di
KG Regular

White rot
bolting
duck weed
drought
couch weed
slugs
pigeons
sprained ankle

and far too much to do... whole areas still unplanted, soo behind.
:cry:
Someone remind me why we do this
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Di, i'm not sure why we do keep going sometimes, but one thing i do know is, if you do give it up you will know the reason in three months time.

Hope your ankle soon mends.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
richard p
KG Regular

sounds pretty normal to me :D
Stephen
KG Regular

Di
Sorry to hear your news - persuade someone to take a deckchair to the allotment for you, so you may sit in the sunshine.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Don't worry, Di, we all feel like that sometime - until we sit down to a lovely vegetable pie, all homegrown. And sprained ankles mend, too!
Di
KG Regular

Stephen, lovely idea that watching someone else work, however the slaves in these parts are a rebelious lot and have nicked the deckchairs for themselves.

Think I'll go down tomorrow evening and strim the weeds, that is always the biggest boost in the shortest time, and then see if the black birds have left me some black currants.. (fortunatley they seem to prefer the red ones....and generally I prefer baby blackbirds to redcurrants (no, I don't mean to eat)).

Usually it takes till august for me to feel overwhelmed, wondering if the extra half plot was a good idea, but it should get easier in following years if i keep bashing the weeds.

Still grumpy about the white rot though - off to do Mutley impressions in the corner. Schuzzlewuzzlemisslruzzelgrryschuzzlewazzlegrissel..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic