Replacement wheel for wheelbarrow

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Anne
KG Regular

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy just a wheel for a weelbarrow. Mine has rusted very badly and I am unable to fix it. The actual barrow is in good condition. :roll:
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I think B & Q sell them, but you need to get the right size. I'm afraid to say I have two wheel barrows out of use because they have terminal punctures and I've been going to get new wheels for them for over a year now. My excuse is that I can't get the nuts and bolts undone to take the old wheel off!
Anne
KG Regular

Thank you for your advice. I have just looked on the B&Q website and they have spare wheels for £5.00, saving over £14.00!! I will take my old one with me as the fitting looks different from main. Fingers crossed that it will fit. What a bargain!
Angi
KG Regular

No help to a rusty wheel owner, but if you have a punctured wheel try taking it to a car tyre place (not the likes of Kwik Fit). We did this with ours and they patched it up and reinflated it for nothing! Sadly it subsequently got burnt by vandals.
beeman2
KG Regular

Call in at your local recycling centre,they get old barrows in and would no doubt let you have a wheel.
Take only photo's,leave only footprints.
delaney
KG Regular

if it is a builders type wheelbarrow try you're local hire shop as most of them sell wheelbarrows and can get new wheels :idea:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic