Vegetable shortages

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Jenny,
Seeing as you picked me up some time back for being sexist do you not feel it would be more appropriate to use the term "Person Traps" :wink:
JB.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hmm, having seen all the mechanically minded posts from you Clive, I would think you'd be a shoo in for Wallace; all we need now is a faithful hound... :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Piglet
KG Regular

Seedlings got one :lol:
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Johnboy wrote:Hi Jenny,
Seeing as you picked me up some time back for being sexist do you not feel it would be more appropriate to use the term "Person Traps" :wink:

Hi Johnboy!
I know you are sexist but don't remember ever having picked you up on it. :? :lol:
I find the name Person Traps to be discriminatory towards all the other creatures that might get caught in them. They should be called Ambulatory Organism Traps.
Chantal
KG Regular

I've just spoken to Martin, the owner of the onions and he's not had them so we definitely have an onion thief in the area. :(

I'd better start digging the haha this evening.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Deb P
KG Regular

[quote="Jenny Green I find the name Person Traps to be discriminatory towards all the other creatures that might get caught in them. They should be called Ambulatory Organism Traps.[/quote]

Methinks you have to be very careful how you say that....... :lol:
seedling
KG Regular

Yes Piglet I have got a faithful hound but I`m not sure he`ll be a good guard dog - more likely to lick them to death than chase them away :roll: .If the owner of the onions hasn`t got them who has? Sad to think a bunch of onions is worth nicking. I did used to manage a charity shop and people stole from that so I am not surprised really - it does annoy me though :x . Lets hope the thief gets really bad indigestion/dodgy tummy when he/she eats them.
Seedling
arthur e
KG Regular

Whent to my local veg in a box shop to offer them some of my surplus veg, Was going to offer them some of my onions but saw they had a boxfull. The lady sheepishly told me they had come from New Zealand.
They did take all the white Duke of yorks I could supply though, they just fly off the shelves up here, my favorite early as well.
peter
KG Regular

Jenny Green wrote:
Johnboy wrote:Hi Jenny,

Hi Johnboy!
I know you are sexist but don't remember ever having picked you up on it. :? :lol:
I find the name Person Traps to be discriminatory towards all the other creatures that might get caught in them. They should be called Ambulatory Organism Traps.

Come on Jenny, you must be able to come up with a better acronym than AOT.
If the Army can have a Practice Exercise Not Involving Soldiers, can we have Arbitarily Restricting Snap-on Equipment, or can you do better?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic