Autumn Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Must say I prefer the old system. But then, I still use feet & inches.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Thought at least the powers to be would have run it by us first.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well I don't like the blue format at all. Probably ok with those with decent eyesight but as somebody with glaucoma I find it very difficult to read.
Are we allowed to ask why it was changed or were the techies just getting bored and wanted a new project?

And perhaps I,m looking in the wrong place but I can find anywhere that flags up new posts. Help please!
Primrose
KG Regular

Does anybody have a hint on how to ripen our picked green tomatoes now on a window ledge withinnthem going a bit wrinkled?
Somebody told me to store them in an empty drawer. Such an item has not been found in iur hiuse doe the last 40 years a,
Are they better exposed to whatever sunlight is available or covered with a newspaper?
Colin2016
KG Regular

"And perhaps I,m looking in the wrong place but I can find anywhere that flags up new posts"

Click Quick Links top left on header for new posts.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Does anybody have a hint on how to ripen our picked green tomatoes now on a window ledge withinnthem going a bit wrinkled?
Somebody told me to store them in an empty drawer. Such an item has not been found in iur hiuse doe the last 40 years a,
Are they better exposed to whatever sunlight is available or covered with a newspaper?

My Dad used to ripen his in a brown paper bag on the window sill, now if you know where to get brown paper bags from I'd be keen to know lol.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
snooky
KG Regular

Evening Tigerburnie,
Morrisons supply them for their loose fruit and vegetables.A few extra end up in my trolley and in my shopping bag;and very useful they are too!!
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Primrose
KG Regular

In the absence of brown paper bags I suppose I could fold up a few sheets of large newspaper and staple them into bags, necessity being the mother of invention!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Just logged in. The old system has just turned up. :lol: :lol:
Primrose
KG Regular

Three cheers. !!! I was finding that blue layout so difficult to read i was thinking of not bothering any more.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Primrose. Market stalls selling fruit ETC, stock them as standard.
snooky
KG Regular

Started winter digging on my plot.It quite easy to dig being very sandy/loam and light but the bindweed roots go on and on and on.....
About half a dozen plots have been given up just lately so there will be new faces about the site next year.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Westi
KG Regular

Found blight in the tunnel today on the Italian beefsteaks & some cherries, luckily caught in time to take the fruit. That was the 'To Do' list in the bin! Not to mention even more tomatoes to process with no room in the freezer! All the blight resistant ones are fine but the plants are pretty exhausted with no new or unripe fruit & the plan was to pull them today if I had time. I did manage to plant the elephant garlic & some of the onion sets before the wander in there though.

Been searching for some tomato recipes since I got home & found some tomato crisps which are actually supposed to be crispy & then I can bag them & fill the larder well dependent on success! I will post in recipes in case anyone else is running out of both room & inspiration.
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

As the weather is turning. decided to go back to having a hot OXO drink. Sacre blea. The crafty buggers have shaved off a small bit on each side, so making the cube smaller. In effect a price rise. :oops: :oops:
Geoff
KG Regular

I like a sugar rush snack when I have a long drive so I bought some KitKat the other week. They were labelled "Original", how dare they, I don't think two would make an original sized bar.
Locked Previous topicNext topic