someone toldme we will have snow tomorrow!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

I hope not as we really must go out for a walk with meaning tomorrow, not half a mile but several miles and if we have snow that will not be the case. :twisted: I am sick of the sight of snow.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Has anyone told Alan he's got some now. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Has anyone told Alan he's got some now. :)

Why should they? We haven't :)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Alan, all i can say then is, you must have been going to Chapel just lately. :)

Catherine
KG Regular

Dear OH I like your photo of the lane. We have been up to the Lake District today but although there is a lot of snow on the fields in some parts it was a pretty clear run. Just intermittent rain. We went to Hayes Garden Centre to buy some seeds. But I must say they seemed very expensive this year. Lots of prices around £2.35,£2.19 £2.49 I am going to look on line at the kings seeds site. Can anyone recommend anyone else to look at?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, why thank-you, i ran out in my nightgown to take the photograph, before any cars ran through the snow and spoilt it. :) :wink:
Thinking about it, the would have probably gone in the ditch before they reached me, out of the shock. :)

You could try here, www.wallis-seeds.co.uk

Catherine
KG Regular

Dear OH I hope you had some shoes on and did not freeze your toes. :wink:

Thank you for your link, I am just looking on their web site now.

It is snowing as I type but I dont think it will stick. :) as it has rained today. But it is very cold. I am sitting in front of the fire wrapped in a fleecy blanket and my pj's and socks. :oops: My OH is in a tshirt and light weight trousers complaining it is too hot. I hope I am not coming down with something as I have only just got over a horrid cold.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, i find plenty of hugs and cuddles most beneficial at this time of the year to help with keeping warm, with the appropriate person of course. :) :wink:

Geoff
KG Regular

Catherine : Got visitor up from the wilderness of Enfield for New Year and was thinking of a ride out to the sophistication of the Lakes, how adventurous were you? We often go up to the top of Kirkstone for the view to Brothers Water. I'm thinking their roads might be better cleared than the alternative of the Dales.
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi Geoff, I am sorry but we stuck to the main roads as a lot of the side roads looked very dicy. If you have a four wheeled drive you might get up there. There was a lot of snow on the sides of the roads which made the roads much narrower though the main roads were good. We passed the road up to Troutbeck and that did not look good.

I think you might get up to Keswick as the main routes are kept clear, in fact much clearer than our road have been. Good luck and happy new year.
Catherine
KG Regular

Ho OH yes cuddles work for me everytime. :wink:
Geoff
KG Regular

Thanks for that. Went Ingleton, Hawes (slushy and snowing lightly), Sedbergh, Kendal - as we approached Kendal the sun came out so tempted us on - Shap summit (increasing snow) back home down M6 then Kirkby Lonsdale. Pleasant wintry landscapes with icicles in the streams and roads all OK. It was worse not far away judging by the BBC story of people being air lifted off the Middleton to Brough road.
Gilly C
KG Regular

Kirkstone was closed on Tues at the summit, the pub was shut too as their water supply was frozen :( think it is open now but not sure we got as far as Grasmere today was going to go over Red Bank to cut a corner off going to Coniston but it was too icy so we went the long way around ! plenty of snow on the fells and there was some flurries today BBC Cumbria is best bet for roads closed HTH
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic