Personalising potting sheds

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Happymouse
KG Regular

Have you personalised your potting shed ? My dear hubby has moved mine into a permanent spot and I want to pretty it up a bit. Needs a coat of preservative but so many colours to choose from ? I want it to be a simply lovely place to potter. I have a chair in it already.
Make it a habit to be happy
madasafish
KG Regular

I don't have a potting shed but IF I did:

1. Electricity supply.
2. TV
3. Mini bar.

What more can a man want?

Painting it is a complete waste of time , money and effort..it's what you do with it that counts.imo:-))
Clive.
KG Regular

We have fitted an automatic floor washing/dust slacking system.....
.....it had some teething troubles last Monday and may I think need some adjustment.??!!.. :wink:
Imageclickable thumbnail.

Clive.
lizzie
KG Regular

The sheds where me and Grock are have to painted a certain colour (never understood why, but that's the rules). Anyway, Grocks is painted yellow and green inside, with some flowers in a little vase (sometimes). There is the stove for a cuppa and a nice long seat that she upholstered specially.

My shed is a different story. One day, I fully intend to clear it out. As it is, it stops the thieving little sods from pinching anything cos they can't get in it. Trouble is, neither can I. All that I need to use is right by the door. :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Weed
KG Regular

I have two sheds on the plot Lizzie and they both sound just like yours.

I have the best intentions in the world to keep them tidy but I seem to continually accumulate more 'stuff' to put in them.... I must try harder... funny my teachers used to say that...nothing changes then :roll:
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
Happymouse
KG Regular

My potting shed now.............. I WISH !..... Found picture of this sweet shed on google images for inspiration
Make it a habit to be happy
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Happymouse, if yo want something badly enough you will get it. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
jopsy
KG Regular

mine is blue
it has a comfy deck chair and rugs!
theres bird books, and cups-plus boxes of lilys toys!
i once went in a lovely shed with a sofa and poetry written up and stuck on one wall, it had a mirror too-i aim to get mine like that one day!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
GIULIA
KG Regular

I luv my shed. I luv my little propane gas stove and kettle and cool box full of goodies (mouse-proof). I luv my plastic B and Q shelving which just fits and I luv my rows of plastic cereal dispenser boxes full of growmore, fish blood and bonemeal, etc. etc. all labelled and damp-proof. Best, oh best of all, I luv it when the robins come in through the broken window, build a nest and raise their chicks in it. Luvverly. I shall never mend the window, mice be damned.
Norfolkbird
KG Regular

My potting shed is on my allotment. It's painted a bee-yootiful pale lavender colour inside and has a FABBY potting bench that OH built for me as a birthday present (this along with the paint job and the burner and kettle and vermin-proof containers for lovely elvenses that he also provided - bless him). My OTHER potting shed is a dilapidated beast that has been shored up with off-cuts and driftwood and anything else that I could find to use. This has been to ensure that it lives to stand another day for the swallows that always nest in it, every year, and have a couple of broods at least. HOWEVER -this year, we wind and rain-proofed it, and have had NOT ONE BIRD visit! I feel very snubbed!! Some birds are just toooo picky...
:roll:
You'll find me in the Lavender Shed...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic