Who's going where.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Elle's Garden
KG Regular

The Mouse wrote:My allotment, if at all possible!!!

Not sure how long I can keep it a secret, though. Of course, if the weather is good, I could just go off to the lottie every morning and let him think that I am going to work as usual! :wink: :lol:

I like that idea! Very sneaky :twisted:
Kind regards,

Elle
Gilly C
KG Regular

We are moving to France in August so no gardening for me in either place this year and a 10 x 8 greenhouse needs a new home, hopefully next year I will have a veg plot there is a nectarine tree in the garden but it doesn't look very well, next door has an immaculate plot or should that be potager and a peach tree that overhangs our garden !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Very interesting to see where you are all off to this year, and not in some cases. :)

Have decided on Corfe Castle in Dorset in the end, anyone been there?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
thetangoman
KG Regular
Location: Land of golden sands,blues skies,cold beer and magical sunsets.

Kevin wrote:We are going to Newquay Cornwall :D before the mummy's little solders break up for school holidays :roll: made the mistake of being their when they all broke up went from reasonably quite to boom town in 24 hours (Nuts) :shock: Hope to do a spot of sea-fishing :) might even get to the Eden project, cannot wait to sample one or three of Warrens finest Cornish Pasties :) tried to bring some home one year we didn't get out of Cornwall before they were well and truly finished off :shock: :lol:

Regards

Kevin :D :wink:

Rule one ..Always avoid Newquay , unless you wish to mix with under aged drinkers /chaves and chips
Rule two..Use the local bakeries for your pasties..Warrens are not the best ...Rowes are 10/10 but check the local bakeries first.
Rule three ..Far better places to stay in Cornwall than Newquay !!!
Chantal
KG Regular

Costa del Lottie as usual for me. When I'm lying back in my recliner, with my palm tree beside me looking through the fronds at an azure sky on a glorious sunny day, I could be anywhere in the world. What's even better is I'm actually in my most favourite place in the world. Sending Tim of to play golf in Scotland, Spain a Portugal through the year, so plenty of time for me to garden :D

Interesting to note that of all the replies, only one or two are going abroad.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Chantal,
I have a picture of you, ensconced in your recliner, which I keep in the front of my Times Atlas of the World being the only place I can keep the cutting from the Telegraph flat and in good condition. Do you remember your heady days of fame? The days when this forum was a happy place and we all joined in. Advice on growing abounded but sadly today there is too much heavy stuff about and very little advice about anything.
I wish we could return to those days but am afraid that this is probably not possible but we could still all try!
JB.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy, things often seem to go full circle, so i'm sure the forum will soon turn the corner.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning all, now, since i had no replies to what Corfe Castle is like, i'm just hoping no one knows a lot about the place.

I do hope you are all not just being kind, and don't want to tell me what an awful place it is.

I only booked there, because the lady on the phone sounded so nice, she had got one of those husky voices that blokes seem to find most pleasing.. :wink: :)

Parsons Jack
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Morning all, now, since i had no replies to what Corfe Castle is like, i'm just hoping no one knows a lot about the place.

I do hope you are all not just being kind, and don't want to tell me what an awful place it is.

I only booked there, because the lady on the phone sounded so nice, she had got one of those husky voices that blokes seem to find most pleasing.. :wink: :)

Morning OH,

She probably had half a pasty stuck in her throat when she picked the phone up :lol:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning P.J, i now feel quite disillusioned. :cry: :lol:

Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Only joking OH.
She is probably a 25 year old Swedish blonde. Does that make you feel better :lol:
Cheers PJ.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear P.J, do you mean she had got half a Danish pastry stuck in her throat, rather than a pasty, then. :lol:

Geoff
KG Regular

I am sure you will find Corfe Castle and the area around very pleasant.
When I was working I was sent on a week's course to Basingstoke and there turned out to be only 3 delegates but they ran the course anyway. It meant that we got through the content pretty quickly each day so we finished early. It was midsummer and lovely weather so one day when we finished before 4 o'clock I decided to go for a long drive (on company petrol of course). I went to Poole, then Swanage via Corfe Castle then back and along the coast to Weymouth then Chesil Beach. I sat on Chesil Beach and watched a full moon come up, it was really quite magical. Having never been to Dorset before I resolved to go again and explore it properly but regrettably I never have.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear P.J, do you mean she had got half a Danish pastry stuck in her throat, rather than a pasty, then. :lol:

I look forward to an update on this after your holiday OH :D
Cheers PJ.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you Geoff, if it was good enough for you, it will be good enough for me.

Update it will be then, P.J. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic