Lincoln Christmas Market

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Magic Beans
KG Regular

Hello one and all and seasons greetings... just wondering if anyone will be making the trek to the Lincoln Christmas Market this year??

We intend to be up there on Saturday enjoying the atmospheric Christmas cheer around the old part of town up Steep Hill...
Cheers,

Magic Beans

Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an English Snail!

www.kitchengardenshop.co.uk
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Magic Beans, i have never been, and it looks like you will be having the whole market to yourselves. :wink: :)

Do let us all know how you get on.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Magic Beans
KG Regular

Lots more mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, hot mince pies and all the other fine fayre brought in from across Europe for us to quaff...

Will report back to you Oldherbaceous...
Cheers,

Magic Beans

Chantal
KG Regular

Sorry MB, my little old car would protest over much at trekking all the way to Lincoln. :roll:

I hope you have a great time though and don't forget to post some photos on here of all the scrummy food you'll be buying. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looks as if Magic Beans is still sleeping of that extra food that was eaten. :wink: :lol:

Magic Beans
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Looks as if Magic Beans is still sleeping of that extra food that was eaten. :wink: :lol:

Hello again one and all... you are quite right Oldherbaceous Sir. Much muld wine and fine fayre was consumed among the many craft stalls and entertainment of the market.

The organisers had listened to the advice they gathered last year in a survey and reinforced the traditional craft element of the event.

Must say I was very tempted, though resisted, a fine set of small wooden fireside stools which were etched with intriguing scenes. Seemed a shame to sit on them and hide their delight beneath a derrière!

One highlight of the evening up at the market was my first try out of 'driving' a pram. Some of our good friends had come over for the market and with them brought their little toddler. She was treated to a fairground ride to remember as I tried, in vain and some pain for passers by, to negotiate the crowds. Talk about a baptism of fire!!

Hope you all had a good weekend wherever and whatever you go up to.
Cheers,

Magic Beans

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Magic Beans, it certainly sounds as if you had the jolliest of times.

I never could get the hang of driving prams, and as for these new ones where the wheels shoot about in all directions. :evil:

I had the most pleasant of weekends, thankyou. :wink:

Chantal
KG Regular

I can't say I like prams because that usually involves have a child in tow :shock:

However, a pram to push around Lincoln market to carry all the goodies home sounds like a fine idea to me. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic