Sneeboer Tools

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

adam-alexander
KG Regular

Have any members bought these tools, they seem to have caught the imagination of the 'celeb' garden writers, but do real gardeners use them?
MikA
KG Regular

Hi A-A

as a relatively new retired gardener your post has got me thinking about the tools we use.

I have found this website which talks about the relative merits of different types and quality of tools and might be interesting to you.

www.fredshed.co.uk/forksandspades.htm

It describes the Sneeboer tools as the Bentley of gardening tools but I was more interested in the Spork range which are also dutch made. The hand spork looks good.

I have used a Spear and Jackson stainless steel spade for many years as we were friends with a gent who worked in Wednesbury and could get them at staff discount. Shame they have closed. My second favourite tool is a pickaxe. The first garden we had was built on an old factory car park site and full of foundations and rolled granite chippings of the car park. Even the new house has builders rubble everywhere and old trees and shrubs to be taken out.

Regards MikA
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes, I've got a hoe/adze type one with a pointed blade which is excellent for both hoeing, earthing up, making seed drills etc. The handle is very well shaped and lovely to hold and use. It is an excellent design and if you can afford them worth the money.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic