Good Harvest Preserving

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hello dencap, welcome to the forum.

I've been trying to make the best use of everything I grow and bought myself a new book "Organic Vegetable and Fruit Growing and Preserving Month by Month" by Alan and Jackie Gear. It gives detailed advice on lots of different ways of preserving your produce, so hopefully I'm not going to waste anything this year. Not that I usually have much to waste the hens have their share and anything else gets composted, but I'm going to try and make a bit more effort freezing and preserving things.

It also gives interesting and useful information about the nutritional values, vitamins and minerals and clear advice on how to grow everthing in the first place. It isn't full of full colour pictures, but is a useful book to dip in and out of, so I can recommend it.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Thank you for sharing this Plumpudding, I will look out for this book when shopping. :)
I recently purchased Best ever book of Preserves, Catherine Atkinson and Maggie Mayhew, found it very comprehensive with some unusual preserves too.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic