Land belt drive on Atco Ensign B17

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

larkspur
KG Regular

Just serviced the Ensign B17, and saw that the land drive belt is worn and looks like it may not last too long.(has a crosswise split starting). Question is where to obtain a replacement. The manual does not give any dimensions for this belt.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello larkspur,
I seem to think that the Ensign B17 was a development using the chassis of the Punch 43DL that first appeared in the early 1980s..itself a stretched version of the chassis from the late 1960s Super Colt/Super Punch.
Given the quantity of machines that have used this chassis over the years I would expect all good lawnmower agents to have the belt as a stock item.

I would expect the land roll drive belt would be Qualcast/Atco part no. F016L08476. But do check this as I am ever further distant form the mower world these days...

http://www.atco.co.uk/serviceagents.php
http://www.qualcast.co.uk/qual-serviceagents.php To find someone locally.

I have occasionally in the past seen some pattern or generic belt replacements that were not as good as The genuine article in this application...some in theory correct length but slightly wrong section...as it requires to be fully correct dimensions to give correct clutch action.

All the best,
Clive.
Clive.
KG Regular

I have just remembered. :oops: ..your home location, France?. :) ... so some of the above will not apply....hopefully the part no. once checked to be correct may help with a source.

Clive.
larkspur
KG Regular

Many thanks Clive,

Yes we do live in France.

We have friends who come over regularly, I can find a dealer near where they live and ask them to get and bring it over next time.

Regards
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic