Bumper crops

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Ken65
KG Regular

Has anyone else had the same experience as me this year ie. Bumper Crops (apart from swede) Brassicas have grown beyond all expectations. Parsnips need a JCB to get them out and leeks nearly as thick as my wrist.
I think every seed in two 10 metre rows of carrots came good and I'll be eating carrots until I turn orange. We've fed ourselves off the garden since April and still have loads to take us through the winter. So have I had a lucky year or was there something special about the weather.

Ken :D
Chantal
KG Regular

I have fabulous cabbages (been eating them for months), the best parsnips ever, amazing leeks but totally useless beans this year. Other stuff was much as usual.

Overall a very good year. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Overall a good year for the limited time available to me at the moment. I think i am going to look at my planting plan and organise my respite care for my elderly mum when it looks busiest in the garden
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic