KG Weather Widget

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Elle's Garden
KG Regular

I have been trying to find a better Weather Widget for my Vista side bar and the only ones seem to be American. I want one that not only tells me the current weather, but a 24 hour forecast, most particularly if there is likely to be frost!! Could Kitchen Garden have one made? There seem to be quite a few American gardening websites that offer them - but only with local weather of course :(
Kind regards,

Elle
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If they can, can it be for the Bedfordshire area please. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

Widget? I learn something new every day :?

The Met Office seem to be offering one.

BTW, why do you want it to show you the current weather. It's warm and sunny here with a light, cooling breeze - just come in from outside :lol:
Clive.
KG Regular

Could do with a widget to wedge in our Weather Vane.. :wink:

Clive. :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It was a chilly old wind which ever way it seemed to be coming from today.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
glallotments
KG Regular

My husband has a weather blog which has some widgets on the sidebar. Not sure if they will add to the vista sidebar http://ossettweather.blogspot.com/

He has another from the Met office and one from something called Weatherbug on his vista sidebar too.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/components/

http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/United%20Kingdom/Leeds-weather.html?zcode=z6286&lang_id=en-gb
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Not really bothered about the current weather Alan as I can see straight out the window behind my computer :lol: :lol: - its just that the widgets seem to all show current conditions :D

I have tried the weatherbug one Glallotments, but it is not local enough. I have now found the BBC one which shows weather for our local town - just 3 miles away and appears to give the expected highs and lows for the next 3 days so I suppose that will have to do! Most of the widgets available for Vista are very American, so I have also put a more detailed one on for our house in Florida so I can see what I am missing :( :(

I'll send you my old widget that I'm not using anymore Clive, it's very plain but I am sure it will perk up your weather vane :wink:
Kind regards,

Elle
Colin Miles
KG Regular

The problem with all the weather forecasts is accuracy. The Met office may believe their spiel about how accurate their short-term forecast is, but that is only because the criteria they use for assessing accuracy, especially regarding temperature, leaves a lot to be desired. I look at 3 different weather sites. If they all agree then I tend to believe - I'm talking about the next 24- 48 hours. After that it is generally guesswork and you are probably better off assuming either that the weather will be the same as the previous day, or what one would normally expect for the time of year!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic