My Website

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Larkshall
KG Regular

I have been webmaster for several sites for some years, as I am now 80 I decided to hand over to a younger member of our club and only run my own domain and my step daughters driving school domain. I have transferred all my files to a new domain. It contains some gardening info., photo's and computer group info.

The domain is http://www.ellis-rowell.co.uk
Catherine
KG Regular

I am very impressed with your website as I would not know where to start to make my own web site. Keep up the good work. :)
Larkshall
KG Regular

Catherine wrote:I am very impressed with your website as I would not know where to start to make my own web site. Keep up the good work. :)

Most ISP's supply a webspace where you can construct your own website. You need an editor to write your pages (an easy one to use is Open Office), I used to use Open Office but now use the SeaMonkey suite by Mozilla (Free). I would recommend Open Office until you get used to the job. You also need an FTP client to transfer the files, I use FileZilla, again by Mozilla and free. When you are really used to the job, you may want your own domain (as I have), a good start for this would be one.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic