Steamed puddings

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Deb P
KG Regular

Family now amazed I can knock up a 'proper' treacle pudding in 4 minutes after trying Valmargs microwave recipe!! Can you microwave the chocolate 'long cook' recipe too though? Same amount of time?
Anonymous

Oh dear. I'm going to have to come clean here. Although I posted the treacle pudding recipe, I have never yet cooked one. Ole dearly beloved is the microwave king in this household. Microwaving does not suit my 'God and guesswork' style of cooking. I asked 'He who thinks he should be obeyed' wether it would be possible to microwave the chocolate fudge pudding, and he said yes. The only reservation I would have is the melted chocolate base. Microwaving can sieze the chocolate, making it a bit unpalatable. I think its a case of suck it and see! There is no harm in giving it a go, if it works, it works.

Best wishes

valmarg
John
KG Regular

For Mother's Day we tried Delia's 'Chunky Mincemeat and Apple Sponge Pudding'. Mother gave it her full approval and insisted that it be added to the family recipe book!
Its a steamed sponge pudding so its much lighter than the suet based ones and very fruity with the apple in the sponge and its mincemeat topping.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/chun ... 59,RC.html

John
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic