PM's

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

sandersj89
KG Moderator

Is anyone else having problems with PM's. I think I have sucressfully sent one but it is not appearing in the sent folder, only the Outbox??

It may be down to my work PC playing up as it does from time to time.

Thanks

Jerry
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

That's as it should be, but it's something I was also worried about some time ago.

When you send a message it goes into your out box until the recipient picks it up. It's not like email, it has to wait with you until it's collected. Then it goes into your sent file.

Easy when you know how, worrying when you don't. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
sandersj89
KG Moderator

Well well well, you learn something new each day!

I better go apologise to the person I sent it too as I resent it 4 times I fear!

Oops.

Thanks

Jerry
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

If you've sent it four times it will be in your outbox four times and if they've not been collected you can delete three of them. You can also edit your mail so long as it's still there.
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

She's clever - you know. Must be the size of her marrow.
Primrose
KG Regular

Can't find anywhere on the site which explains what a PM is. Is it a Personal Message which you send to a correspondent but clicking on the PM icon, which goes to their private e-mail address to ensure that it's not made public (and thus subject to abuse and spam ?)

i.e. so that then if you want to exchange seeds, etc. you can provide your private address in the knowledge that it's just between the two of you?

(I seem to be better at growing vegetables than coping with computers and forum technology).
Chantal
KG Regular

A PM is a private message which is only available from this website. If you click on "You have no new messages" you'll find and "in box" "sent box" "out box" and "save box". Click on "new post" and type your message. You can click on someone's name to send them a PM and then their name will automatically be entered in the "to" box, if not you can search for a name.

Once you've typed your message, click "submit" and the message will move to your "out box". Once the message has been collected by the recipient then the message will move to your "sent box". It's not like email, the message isn't sent but sits in your "out box" until it's collected so it can be there for some time if the recipient hasn't been on the forum for a while.

You can save messages to your "save box" by following the instructions.

No one else can see your message and it means that forum members can communicate without divulging email addresses or personal details.

When you have a message a small window will open when you log in saying "you have a new message" and you can also see the message in your icon bar as the "you have no new messages" changes to "you have *** new messages".

OK? :D
Chantal

Primrose
KG Regular

Many thanks Chantal for your prompt and very detailed explanation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic