POP greenhouse!

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

peter
KG Regular

Just take a look at this.
Ingenious, but just how leaky do you reckon it is?
2L bottles make a greenhouse
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Elaine
KG Regular

Brilliant stuff . It may be ok in hot weather, as the plastic will expand, but I'm not so sure about winter. Good idea though! You would have to love pop or know plenty of folk who do.... :lol:
Happy with my lot
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Peter,
What a brilliant scheme! It take something like this to fire the imagination of children. Imagine them then growing their own Tomatoes and I know that this would be imprinted on their little brains for life and the Tomatoes would be the best tasting whatever the result.
I have seen old wine bottles used in a wall to allow light into a shed very successfully but a whole greenhouse of pop bottles takes some beating.
JB.
Colin_M
KG Regular

Interesting aren't they? Our local primary school built one last year and there was a patch of tomtoes, sweetcorn next to it.

The only thing with a lot of these is that the kids see the plants germinate & start growing, then they all disappear for the summer holidays. Much of the produce in our school was peaking (and needing watering) whilst they were away, so it needs some organisation. This year with it already in place, maybe they can gets some stuff started earlier.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Colin,
The problem here is that the top class actually leave the school and go to their secondary school so never see the results of their labours.
I packed up with the children when the new head mistress would not allow anybody on the school premises during the summer holidays and everything died or outgrew its purpose.
She didn't quite last a year out before she was thrown out!!!
New headmistress takes the classes herself and is as keen as mustard.
She even sent a produce box to those who had left.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic