Genuine or not?

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Larkshall
KG Regular

"Re: Don't buy clothes!
i can remember a documentary on the box several years ago banging on about people being ripped off cos they were buying copies of designer lables for a tenner when they could have have paid loads more for the genuine article .... thing was they admitted that both products were made in the same sweat shops.

my puter is sowing a pop up claiming my windows xp hasnt passed some microsoft vaidation test , and caims i may be a victim of software counterfieting, how can i be a victim, the software is working... if anyone is a victim its bill gates not me... my heart bleeds for him.. weve got 5 other copies of windows and ms office that have past their test (presumably). how come microsoft can access my computer and check whats on it anyway, big brother is watching"

As suggested by the Moderator, I have copied this to here.

I have been organiser of a computer group for over 20 years, our members have had update problems in the past, but nothing compared with the "updating" from XP to Vista. Most are still using XP, but what happens when XP is no longer supported?

I realised that there would be the problem of having to buy Vista compatible software (and Vista itself for my Vista compatible machine). So my solution was to sack MS and move over to Ubuntu/Linux (FREE) and Free Open Source Software. My field of computing cover's Office (Open Office), HTML Editing for web-site construction and maintenance (Sea Monkey) and image manipulation (The Gimp). It does all this easily as well as recording CD's and DVD's. It is much more stable and does not suffer from virus problems because of the way it is constructed, virus doesn't work because the system is protected from anyone or thing trying to write to the system.

I used to use a Photographic website which was mainly Professionals and they were paying out large sums for Vista Compatible software when others were achieving the same results with The Gimp.

Crazy!
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hear Hear Larkshall!!

I switched from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu) http://www.ubuntu.com/ 2 years ago now, and with every upgrade it just gets better and better.
Unlike windows, Ubuntu has gone through several versions - each one seemlessly updating from the last - and with daily security updates to all installed software, managed through ONE update program - you don't have to worry about any security problems.

SECURITY
Linux is very very secure. Unlike Windows, Linux starts locked down and does not require anti virus. It does not get malware (which are all Windows-based) - nor can you be infected by malicious email trojans or web-based hacks.

FREE SOFTWARE
Ubuntu offers a repository housing several thousand programs. All you do is search for the type of software you need (CD burner, Graphics, games) - and once you found what you like - click Install. That's it!

I could go on (and on) - and of course it does have some downsides - some technical problems can be hard to fix, but it is a small price to pay for total security, peace of mind - and for FREE.

I now install this on any machine I repair, (with consent) - showing new users how easy it is to use, how many commands are the same as Windows, and showing them just how fast their computer can run with a GOOD operating system on it!

KGAdmin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic