dreaded royal mail

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

hello all,ive just received 2 emails from growers who have'nt received their seeds yet.this isn't the first time iv'e had problems with royal mail.if there is anyone else who hasn't received their seeds please let me know .i will source some replacements for you,also if everyone who requested and received seeds could let me know it would be very helpfull.thanks peter.
Jude
KG Regular

Mine arrived safely thank you Peter, couple of days ago but I've been ever so busy and so sorry for not letting you know sooner.
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
lizzie
KG Regular

Mine arrived safley too Peter.

And beautiful seeds they are too. Looking forward to planting these
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Mine arrived today thank you. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

I recieved my packets on Thursday thanks Peter, how are the bananas?
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".

i planted the shallots up into 1 litre pots and placed them on the heated bench.the roots were out of the bottoms in 3 days,ive placed them on a cooler bench.once we get over this comming cold spell i'll put them outside,thanks peter
Tigger
KG Regular

Sorry - probably not anything to do with this thread, but have to say Royal Mail is ace and other deliveries aren't. We really appreciate Royal Mail in rural areas. Apart from knowing where we are, they know who's about and where they can leave deliveries.
Johnboy
KG Regular

In 2004 I sent more than 2400 plant parcels out and there are only three occaisions where they failed to deliver. I consider that to rank quite high with me.
I sent one parcel to the Portsmouth area and it finally reached it's destination months later. As it was bulbs in the green and it was a kind of soggy mess when it got there. However they actually all lived which is nothing short of a miracle.
I for one do not think the Mail should be in private hands but best left where it is. Make the treasury leave them with as much working capital as they need to do the job properly.
JB.
Chantal
KG Regular

I've always liked the Royal Mail; at least they know where my office is unlike some of the numerous couriers who have to phone for directions. However, I can't say I approve of the state of some of the Royal Mail postmen anymore who amble around with their shirts hanging out of their shorts listening to a walkman and shedding red rubber bands all over the floor like confetti. Did this change happen when they called themselves Consignia?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peterf
KG Regular

i dont know if its just this area,but our service is no where near as good as it was.we had the same post man for over 10 years,and the service was great.now we have temp post people working for agencies.it just seems that they arent as friendly and dont have any pride in their jobs.i think living in the country the postman is an important part of the community,it used to be like that anyway.
lizzie
KG Regular

In rural communities they are definitely an important member of the community. They might be the only ones who see old Mrs soandso and will often be the first to realise she may be poorly or need help.

As for the city, well that's another story. We've had around 6 temporary postmen. 3 were sacked and chaged with theft and I don't know where the rest went. We're lucky to get one delivery per day and can often go 5 days without any post. They're scruffy, surly and look as though they'd rather be elsewhere.

I admit it must be horrible at times, especially when the weathers bad. And those bags must weigh a ton to carry. However, a smile doesn't cost anything to give.
Lots of love

Lizzie
LakeView
KG Regular

I give my postman a freshly baked blueberry or cranberry-apple muffin at Thanksgiving! That really helps to ensure we get friendly service!
pigletwillie
KG Regular

A nice gesture Lake VIew, but of no avail if you have no continuity of postman. We are on our third this year and just lately, have been getting our mail at 4pm.

Some services should be sacred and not profit orientated but I fear that President Blair is far more Tory than the Tories when profit comes into account.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
peterf
KG Regular

lakeview,you got a recipie for them muffins
LakeView
KG Regular

Hi Peterf,

Yes, just posted them over in the recipe section.

There's a bit of a conversion required...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic