back on line

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

I've been off line for about 10 days or so due to the thieving fraternity in the area steeling telephone cables. I understand for the copper. I have been able to have calls diverted my mobile but there must have been many elderly people that the telephone was their life-line. Not to mention businesses that are struggling to keep their heads above water at this time of the year. BT engineers have been working round the clock and hopefully by now most customers have been reconnected.

I can now enjoying catching up and reading all your posts.

Beryl.
garden_serf
KG Regular

Hello Beryl...Oh dear! I know how you feel. In our area it was squirrels that took us off line last time, chewing through the old rubber coating on the twisted pairs of telephone lines running through the tall trees nearby. It took them a while to work it out, the connection was intermittent due to the many places that were partially chewed!! You can feel out of touch not being able to get online eh! I did. Good to hear you are connected to the world again.
Beryl
KG Regular

Yes, apart from enjoying the banter on the forum, I didn't realise just how much I now rely on the pooter for. Felt like my right arm had been cut off.
Whatever did we do in the days before PCs?
Pen and paper I suppose.

Beryl.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good to have you back Beryl.

When somebody disappears all of a sudden, i always check back through my replies just to make sure i haven't said anything untoward. :lol:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Beryl
KG Regular

Oh not you OH. You're the most diplomatic of all.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic