Sheer undiluted excitement!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Mr Potato Head

Hey, not only have we successfully restored the forum after our 'blackout', but we've updated the website as well.

As you are all responsible, helpful and wonderful people - could you possibly fill in our questionairre? :D

And just in case you're not feeling responsible or helpful - there's a chance of winning £100 worth of Wilkinson Sword tools!!!! (Don't worry - I still think you're wonderful!) 8)

On a personal note, in case you haven't seen the magazine this month - the 'Essential Sowing Planner' section rocks!
Chez
KG Regular

Well I tried, but it won't submit without answering Q7. I can't do this without squewing the result for you. Instructions are that Q7 should only be completed if I am not a subscriber (which I am), but when I leave it blank it shows up as the a question still to be completed. If you can sort this at your end, I will have another go.
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi

Had the same problem as Chez but just popped in "money off" answer. I could do the survey again if prob fixed. I don't think it will make much difference though.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Mr Potato Head

Oh yes, I see that now! :oops: Thanks - we'll change it...
Chantal
KG Regular

OK done that. Question 7 still demands an answer so I clicked OTHER and then typed in NOT APPLICABLE which seemed to be acceptable.

You've made me think about how much time I spend in my garden/allotment and it's scary. I do have a life outside my plot, I think...

Chantal

:shock: :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Carole B.
KG Regular

I tried but it wont let me enter my first name in the box,the cursor moves up to title box which I had filled in. It wont let me submit it without.
Carole.(my first name,in case you're interested!)
John
KG Regular

Hello Carole
I noticed this problem as well. If you click into the box and keep holding the left mouse button down, you can then enter text. Keep the button down until you have finished entering everything.
Not very satisfactory but it works.

John
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Had no problems filling it in apart from trying to think how much time I spend there and how much I spend. Hope my answers don't mess it all up. Large, hopefully one-off items like a greenhouse, shredder, wheel-barrow, Petrol mower, garden shed would rather mess it up if you are thinking in terms of annual expenditure!
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Just to add to my last comments, I know how difficult it can be to ask the right questions. Regarding expenditure, it might be worth splitting this up into various categories - eg Capital (like a greenhouse), tools, plants, seeds, etc. But then again how would you classify 8 apple trees as they are hopefully one-off items. You need to be clear as to exactly what information you want to get, presumably for your advertisers.
John
KG Regular

Hello again
As far as filling in the name box on the questionnaire goes, on my computer the problem only seems exists if I use Firefox as my browser. When I use IE everything is OK.
Over to you on this one Mr P Head.

John

PS What browser do you use Carole?
Last edited by John on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
KG Regular

Very difficult to give helpful answers. In grading interest I feel like saying 'it all depends', so much I know already or can find easily, on the other hand there are questions that could be answered helpfully.
On the poultry articles it is good to broaden the scope of the magazine but I don't personally have any interest or intention to keep poultry.On the Internet magazine issue, would this be 'as well as' or 'instead of' the printed vrersion. How about a databank on a CD, updated annually, lots of opportunity for having a search facility then.
Finally can you please make sure that the list of seedsmen is in the same place in every issue.Mention of commercial lists as well would help me.
Allan
Tigger
KG Regular

Well Mr Potatoe Head - you've certainly started something! Not that we're fussy or pedantic or anything, but we all have a view. Maybe you should ask us a few more questions??!!
Carole B.
KG Regular

Hello John,
Yes,we use firefox,I'm just about to have another go and see if it wants my name!
Carole
Carole B.
KG Regular

Yep....that worked,thanks John.
Happymouse

Will our details be secure ? Went to start filling it in then noticed no padlock or s after the http so I didn't continue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic