List of gardens to visit

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

KG Regular

Hi
I am really enjoying reading the 'Head Gardeners' articles in the magazine and the occasional articles about vegetable gardens on the great estates. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list anywhere of kitchen gardens that are open to the public? I'm particularly interested in anything in the Staffordshire/Shropshire/South Cheshire areas
:)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Newbie, I'm afraid I don't know of a list of kitchen gardens, and usually look up gardens in the area I'm going to, but I agree that a complete list would be extremely useful. I too really enjoy this article, it does make you want to visit them all.
Chantal
KG Regular

I can't help in those areas, but I'm off to Barnsdale (Rutland) this weekend as all the allotment areas, not usually open to the public, are open for viewing. No guided tour, but gardeners on hand to answer questions. 8)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Newbie,
If you were to drop down a little further into Herefordshire there is Hampton Court which is at Hope under Dinmore which is is just on the southern edge of Leominster. I haven't been there this year but it generally has a good show in the vegetable garden and the whole garden is well worth a visit.
JB.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Newbie, I just remembered we went to Tatton Park gardens and they have a lovely interesting walled kitchen garden, so that shouldn't be too far away from you.
sally wright
KG Regular

Dear Newbie,
what about the National Trust property Calke Abbey. I would look at the NT website for more details of others.
Regards Sally Wright.
Bren
KG Regular

Newbie, There is a nice kitchen garden in the West Midlands, SANDWELL PARK FARM West Bromwich .
They have a web site which you could look at.
Bren
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic