More moaning about weather

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sue
KG Regular

Sorry folks but flipping weather or what! Got till next Monday off before starting a new job and had plans for a big push on the allotment to get ready for spring. Just checked the Metcheck website and they are predicting bitter cold all this week and even worse for the weekend :(

I'm going to wrap up and try a digging session, but I suspect the soil will be way too cold and wet for anything too much. Seed sowing remains on the back burner and spring just seems a long long way off.

I know this is another thread, but re the badges for Malvern. What about using our atavars - that way the forum regulars could spot the piccies instead of reading words, which might be easier?? I work weekends a lot so not sure if I can make Malvern yet. Would anyone else be going on the Wednesday?

Alternatively, would anyone else based around the South east be interested in a KG meet up at a garden well known for veggies? I was thinking maybe West Dean but open to suggestions. If a few of us were going, we could try contacting the venue and seeing if we could get a guided tour or a look round the back or something.

Sue :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Sue

I like the avatar idea, but we've not all got them yet, have we Tigger?!

Can't make your South East meet I fear, too far for my little old car.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
fen not fen
KG Regular

We got totally chilled putting up a henhouse yesterday, then got chilled again today putting up the electric fencing. Still it'll be killing the bugs...just hope it gets them before it gets me.

Not long for the Avatar now folks - maybe even today as I've got a day's leave and it's frozen solid outside. We got Broadband yesterday so I can play on the PC for hours and there'll be no more moaning from he who thinks he's the boss about the size of our 'phone bills. Sad to be excited about getting Broadband, but up until last month, we were in the 2% of areas unlikely to get it. Don't know what happened - I haven't noticed if we've moved - but glad to have it anyway.

Look out for an increase in my number of postings - your position as top dog is under threat now Chantal 'cos I think I probably talk as much as you!!
lizzie
KG Regular

Oooh, fantastic. Another voice to add to our little community of mad people.

Just to remind you, you need to be mad, weired or misunderstood.

I claim to be all of the above and am proud of it. That way, you get away with all kinds :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Under threat from who precisely? Top dog? Moi? Top Cat more likely! Anyway I don't think so; Grock has overtaken me several times already... :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

Grock'll talk the hind leg off a donkey. I know, I can't get a word in edgewise.

I'm a quiet, demure person and the Grock is leading me astray.

It's her fault i've ended up like this.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic