Metal hoops wanted

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

sandy_v
KG Regular

Where can I get metal hoops for putting mesh etc over.
I've seen good size aluminium ones (about 4x2 ft) for sale but they are quite expensive.
I can't bend wire, I've tried before and if it's thin enough to bend it's too weak, and if it's strong enough, eg coathanger strength or more I can't bend it.
John
KG Regular

Hello Sandy
I'm not quite sure what size hoops you're looking for but Twowests do these aluminium ones which are 24in wide and 18in high (when in soil).

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/product/CHP.htm

I got a set last year and have been very impressed with them. The horizontal bars are an excellent idea as the whole thing becomes much more rigid, the end hoops don't get pulled over when you tighten the netting and netting doesn't sag between the hoops. I had some spare 6ft tubing of theirs so the 12ft became a 24ft cloche. They're not cheap but should last forever.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic