Manure

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

pigletwillie
KG Regular

It was such a gorgeous day here in sunny Leicestershire that we spent all day on the lottie, and even christened the new whistling kettle, (no more flasks).

Here is a piccy of Mrs Piglet doing what piglets love best and that is rolling around in sh*t or in this case moving it.

What has everybody else been doing today gardening wise?
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
mazmezroz
KG Regular

I have been doing very much the same as Mrs Piglet and shovelling my s**t from one end of the allotment down to the other!

Also weeded amongst me strawbs in preparation for muckin' later.

Such a lovely day ... *sigh*
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,

Lovely sunny day in E. Lincs too....I had a ride out to Retford to look at some toy trains at the Hornby Collectors Association AGM...Hornby O Gauge and Hornby Dublo 3 & 2 rail etc....watched a few full size trains at lunchtime... :D

This evening I'm going for a race on the 6 Lane Scalextric down at Burgh-le-Marsh...

:oops: Oh, sorry, gardening..??!! :wink:

I have mown the front lawn....and I did call at a garden centre on the way home this pm...

A very nice stately pile you have there Piglet......

Clive.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

I managed to give the greenhouse a good clean. Now what a good girl am I?
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Glorious day here on the Staffs /Shropshire border. Outdoor thermom said 14C by 3pm. Spent mine studiously ignoring the hoover and washing machine and double dug 2 new beds instead, then sat on an upturned box with a fag & a cuppa and watched the last rays sinking over the hill in a blaze of orange and purple - BLISS :D
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Goodness Jenny - Spring fever must have got the better of us - cleaning greenhouse glass and double digging !! :shock:
lizzie
KG Regular

Mrs Piglet looks as though she's doing a fine job on that beautiful looking pile. I'm sure Mr Piglet was as happy as a pig in sh*t!!!

Gardening wise, not much today as back playing up again. Hope to go tomorrow and do a bit of light tittivating on the spud beds.

Sue - I'm very jealous of you sitting with your fag and cuppa. I've been trying to pack in but mugged Grock yesterday for a couple of fags. Drink I never indulge in but a fag, ohhhhhhh bliss.
Lots of love

Lizzie

sue-the-recycler wrote:Goodness Jenny - Spring fever must have got the better of us - cleaning greenhouse glass and double digging !! :shock:

I think there's something in that idea of spring fever!! :D
lizzie
KG Regular

Watch out for Johnboy. He likes the company of a fine lass who can wield a shovel :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Deb P
KG Regular

I gave up trying to resist sowing anything too early this year, and started off about ten varieties of tomatoes indoors, plus some lettuce and parsley in the cold greenhouse.

Then sat in the sunshine with the instruction book for the Mantis tiller I picked up yesterday from an ad.in the local paper; I've been watching these on eBay for ages, but they were always out of my area and price range, but this one was advertised by a lovely gentleman who had recently downsized and no longer required it,AND he had several of the accessories and even gave me the spare oil and fuel mix in a can to take with me! Excited+++++++++++! :D

On the down side, I'm still waiting for a plot to become available on my local allotment, another 3 bods. in front of me I heard the other day, can't wait....
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Was going to get very self-rightous about fags, but having indulged in the evil drug alcohol this evening, feel in no position to be smug. Was indeed a day to indulge in any vice that causes pleasure enhanced by strenuous s**t shovelling, sunset watching, or in my case both, plus new dog training (Lizzie, in case you've forgotten).

Lizzie (the dog) is still not sure what is a house and what is a toilet, but I'm sure she will soon learn. Me,however, I have shovelled, dug and weeded, and planned dreamily about the bountiful spring and summer yet to come.. best time of year, I reckon.

Guess it's some compensation for the enforced visit to in-laws and consequent need for niceness and civility which will be necessary tomorrow.

Hope it rains tomorrow - SORRY! but it will make me feel better as I smile glassily and agree that the ham served for tea is indeed 'lovely' (whilst thinking "I'd rather be shovelling s*t)
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Deb P - you are not alone - I sucumbed to the urge to plant too - put in a load of Red Baron onion sets and a row of parmex carrot seed in between. I covered with a double thickness fleece cloche. Hope I'm not 'too previous' but I just had to plant something! :)
As for the fags - I do roll ups and after 2 hours double digging my hands - and therefore the ciggy papers, were a bit muddy but it was one of those times when only a forbidden fruit hits the mark. 'Roll' on tomorrow for more of the same - thats if I can actually get of the bed and walk tomorrow! suspect I may be more than a little stiff :D
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

Bit cloudy and drizzly here in Moray. Sowed tomatoes and perennial seeds, continued trying to train Molly (11 weeks old and just discovered digging for fun), collected horse manure (please call it shit if you wish but without the asterisk), bought a new cold frame (discovered that it costs about the same as making it myself), went to B&Q where my daughter bought cut price hose and watering equipment, travelled to an independent garden centre but was not seriously tempted, moved primula sowing to greenhouse, looked after Molly and poured a large one at the end of the day. No time for the winter Olympics!

Chris
Chris
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Sue

I used to do roll ups for a while and I scrounge them off a lottie chum. It's really hard giving up though. I did well for about 6 weeks and then the craving came back. Purely psychological at that stage I know, the nicotine is out of the system in 48 hours. After that, it's will power. I think I have the staying power of an underset jelly!!!!!

Can't wait to start planting. Think i'll do some tomorrow. Will see if I have any seed compost around the place. Seeds are in, spuds arrived and onion sets bought. Bring it on, I love this time of year
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

have been getting ready for the half term,so no plot for me,were off to sunny wales with the kids,only to pontins,wish we were off to the cottage we normally stay in ,up a mountain by the tally bach railway,its just beautiful,would love to move there,but not much work for prison offercers down that way.are you all gonna miss me next week,or should'nt i ask?
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic