Wish I hadn't registered

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Anonymouse

After a long time I finally registered. Big mistake ! Now I have to sign is as "Anonymouse" as it tells me my username "Happymouse" has already been taken. Yes - by me !
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Happymouse, I was reading through the FAQs and found this about being unable to register.

"Have you been banned from the board? (A message will be displayed if you have.) If so, you should contact the webmaster or board administrator to find out why. If you have registered and are not banned and you still cannot log in then check and double-check your username and password. Usually this is the problem; if not, contact the board administrator -- they may have incorrect configuration settings for the board."

and this

"I registered but cannot log in!
First check that you are entering the correct username and password. If they are okay then one of two things may have happened: if COPPA support is enabled and you clicked the I am under 13 years old link while registering then you will have to follow the instructions you received. If this is not the case then maybe your account need activating. Some boards will require all new registrations be activated, either by yourself or by the administrator before you can log on. When you registered it would have told you whether activation was required. If you were sent an email then follow the instructions; if you did not receive the email then check that your email address is valid. One reason activation is used is to reduce the possibility of rogue users abusing the board anonymously. If you are sure the email address you used is valid then try contacting the board administrator."

Ask Mr Potato Head for help, probably just a config problem. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Anonymouse,
I know this sounds silly but are you sure that when you try to log on that you have not been logged on automatically by your infernal machine.
I did that once at the very begining of the Forum and that was the result that I got.
Only a thought mind.

KG Regular

whats all this logging on and of malarky all about. I logged on when i first joined the new forum and have'nt logged off since, everything seems to work alright and it say's im logged on every time i wind my computa up.
I don't know if when anyone logs on and I'm not actually on line my name is there as logged on!? does anyone know or care.So i might not be as "sad" as the computa might give the impression that i might be or not,red wine has a lot to answer for.
ttfn.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

You only show up Arthur when you fire up the pc and open the forum.

Keep drinking the red, its good for you
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Happymouse
KG Regular

Thank you all. I must be thick. I didn't realize I had to log on. Everything is fine now and I now feel part of the KG family
Make it a habit to be happy
Tigger
KG Regular

Good - welcome. Welcome again to the KG family.!
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

My dear Happymaouse, you don't know how lucky you are. By posting as Happymouse and then as Anonymouse, you can have arguments with yourself and lose!
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Gosh Mike, how did you find that one from three and a half years ago! :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Is Bedford in quarantine, or was Mike just very bored last night? :lol:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic