Alan Titchmarsh - the movie

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Last edited by Chantal on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Primrose
KG Regular

What about this one - makes me feel quite guilty about the squash soup we had for lunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-1aui-wluE
(The Life of a pumpkin).
lizzie
KG Regular

Oh bugger.......I'll tell Grock and warn Mr Grock too. :shock:

Well, who's going to go with Grock? I'm not. I couldn't put up with the constant drooling and the sound of scales falling off her tail :shock:

Maybe we should send Herby with her. He could hold the popcorn and the towel :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Read it carefully Lizzie... :lol: :lol:
Chantal

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Lizzie, i'm sure it would be a most pleasant evening. :twisted: :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
strawberry tart
KG Regular

This just arrived by e-mail.He's a busy boy that Alan.
"A Passion for Plants
RHS stars in passionate new TV series
Are you crazy about plants? Tune into an inspiring new television series, A Passion for Plants, on BBC 2 on every Friday at 8pm until December 7, and you'll find yourself in good company.

Narrated by Alan Titchmarsh, the behind-the-scenes documentary series is a fascinating insight into the world of the RHS. The programme delves into the lives and horticultural loves of the people who have made careers out of their passion for gardening. Tune in this Friday (2 November) to see the first female Director General of the RHS, Inga Grimsey as she takes the reins.

Read all about it

There is a fantastic book to accompany the TV series. Written by Carolyn Fry, with a foreword by Alan Titchmarsh, this beautifully illustrated book is a must-read for garden-lovers everywhere. On sale now for £19.99 or buy online and save £3. Find out more

Indulge your passions at RHS gardens

All four RHS gardens are running a special programme of activities on Passion for Plants themes on 24 November."
S.T.
lizzie
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:Read it carefully Lizzie... :lol: :lol:

Used the link but can't find the item.

Did I read it wrong then? Probably did :roll: Can you fill me in then please Chantal. Don't want Grock getting over-emotional.....it gets messy if she does that :?
Lots of love

Lizzie
Tigger
KG Regular

Have you got his calender? Available at WHS and Sainsbugs. Looks lovely. :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Does this help?

Trowel and error: the movie
Posted by Lila Das Gupta on 30 Oct 2007 at 13:59

Every week, Shane Richmond, the Telegraph’s Communities Editor sends us a ‘Top of the Blogs’ e-mail, just to keep us on our toes. Last week I was up an extraordinary 37 points in the charts: nothing like writing about a black man’s willy to get people going.

Antonio Banderas
Antonio Banderas can't wait to get his hands dirty

My ever helpful husband said: “It’s simple. Just be controversial. That’s how you get readers”.

But gardening isn’t controversial, I protested. Obviously, I have to try harder.

Later in the week I had a drink with a mate who is also a hack. “Journalism is changing you know”.

“It doesn’t matter if some of what you write is wrong. You can always stand it down the next day. Indeed, standing it down is part of the story. It’s called ‘narrative’. That’s the new way of doing things. ”

Following on from the success of the movie ‘Grow Your Own’, I learn from Garden Monkey, (one of my very favourite gardening blogs) that plans for another horticultural blockbuster “Dig Brother – The Movie”, have come to nothing. A revival of the sit-com ‘Rising Damp’, however, looks to be in early production with Channel 5. Still set in a boarding house, Garden Monkey says the new version entitled ‘Damping Off’ stars Dan Pearson as ‘the long haired, softly-spoken lodger, Alan’.

James Alexander-Sinclair takes the role of the ‘posh, intelligent lodger, Philip’, although I do think they could have tried out Wesley Kerr, who sounds just as superior as the original Philip. Garden Monkey says Rigsby ‘the grasping landlord, with bad hair and a flea-bitten cat’ will be played by Alan Titchmarsh.

My film moles tell me that Alan Titchmarsh’s Autobiography, ‘Trowel and Error’, is soon to make it to the big screen (‘Strictly Composting’ is the American working title).

Antonio Banderas has been chosen to play the lead role of Titchmarsh (Thus cleverly appealing to the US and Latino market).

It seems Christopher Eccleston was tied up playing a hologram in the Dr Who Christmas special. Charlie Dimmock will be played by the Duchess of York with special guests Tommy Walsh and Nelson Mandela making brief appearances as themselves. Timothy Spall adds a depressive twist to the character of Joe Swift, while Toyah Wilcox makes a convincing Carol Klein. Nigella Lawson plays a rather sexed up Rachel de Thame. Titchmarsh is said to be happy with the casting, but the producers have so far stumbled on who to cast as Monty.

I can give you the details of the "black man's willy" too if you want them :lol:
Chantal

lizzie
KG Regular

No thanks Chanters........there is a limit you know......even for me :twisted:

I got it wrong then......fair enough. I did just skim it though.

Good job I haven't told Grock....could you imagine the disappointment?
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Don't panic Lizzie, it's a plant, a Rodochtitron (?) and there was an absolute furore 'cos they used called it a "black man's willy" on Gardeners' Question Time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic