Royal Princes

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Brenjon
KG Regular

Watching the concert for Diana yesterday I would have thought with the education that they have received and the private tuition that they have had that both William and Harry would be able to address the audience for at least 3 minutues without continually refering to the prompts that they had in their hands. After all one of them will at a later stage become the king of England.
cherrycoop
KG Regular

Thats a bit harsh - it must have been a very traumatic and emotional time for them and they did well not to show those emotions.
John
KG Regular

I thought the boys did very well. After all they're still learning the job.

I watched the last part of the concert and was amazed at the poor link put on by Ricky Gervais. He really is a one-trick 'office' pony. For a supposed actor/comedian he couldn't even ad-lib coherently for a few minutes when Elton John's turn was slightly delayed. As for that dance he's still doing - words fail me.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Primrose
KG Regular

Well, even if you're going to be King of England one day, standing up in front of 60,000 people (plus several million worldwide watching on TV) and talking about your dead mother is a pretty emotional experience. They'd been planning this event for months and must have been enormously anxious that something would go wrong, it would get rained out, oreven worse, that it would be the target of another terrorist plot in view of what had happened two days previously. I bet in those circumstances, even experienced public speakers would want the reassuring comfort of a few "cue words" on a postcard.
Geoff
KG Regular

They should have sent the whole family to Iraq to save sharpening the guillotine at some later date.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Geoff, the word treason springs to mind. :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm with you Primrose. I didn't watch much of the concert but I saw the princes on stage. I'm damn sure I couldn't have done what they did, however badly. They may have had all the training in the world, but to have 63,000 people in your face and knowing you're speaking to millions more on TV must be really scary. No training can prepare you for that and they're not even used to speaking to small crowds. That combined with the emotion of the day, I think they did OK.

At the end of the day they did much better than Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox, two seasoned entertainers/presenters, who managed to totally bog up the Brit Awards some years ago, in front a much smaller audience and they had autocue!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
seedling
KG Regular

I`d forgotten about that Brit Awards fiasco. Painful to watch - bit like sticking pins in your eyes :shock:
Seedling.
p.s. is it ever going to stop raining ? Aaaarghhh!
jopsy
KG Regular

i only saw bits of it
i was pleased that they were rather normal
they joined in with the fun throughout the concert and looked like really pleasant people
id say that one of them will make a better king than their father might-whenever that might be!
take that were fab-i danced and sang loudly
even d beckham managed to string a coherent sentence together!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Didn't see it. Didn't even know it was on. Don't hardly know what it's about. :shock:

Is it only me that thinks Prince Harry bears an uncanny resemblance to James wotsit, Princess Di's lover? :?
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
alan refail
KG Regular

Jenny
answer - No

Alan
Weed
KG Regular

Coincidence Jenny...pure coincidence!
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
Chantal
KG Regular

I've thought that for years Jenny, but I understand that it's treason to suggest as much :lol: :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Whoops!
Is that still punishable by beheading. :shock: :o

Alan, that's nearly your shortest post.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Ever.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic