Garlic results!

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

retropants
KG Regular

with reference to: http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3797
Thanks Colin_M, dug mine (Early Wight) up on Saturday, just before the weekend washout, and it is MEGA! I have at least 30 bulbs the size of onions, I am absolutely chuffed!! The extra attention I lavished on it must have been worth it!
(a very happy) Emma :D :D :D
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Well done Emma. Nothing like a string of fat garlic bulbs hanging in the kitchen as a reward for your efforts! :D
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well done Emma, i just love it when someone has a success. :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Colin_M
KG Regular

retropants wrote:dug mine (Early Wight) up on Saturday, just before the weekend washout and it is MEGA!

I'm really pleased Emma.

I dug mine at the weekend for the same reason, though I think you've beaten me for results. There are a few pix here:
http://www.pbase.com/cmalsingh/2007

:?: Of course, with all that rain, what did you do with yours after picking? Mine got around half a day of sun, then were whisked indoors as the first downpours started. They've been steaming gently in our conservatory ever since. The rest of my family drop unsubtle hints like "this place is starting to smell like a humous factory!" :roll:

Colin
retropants
KG Regular

I got mine into the greenhouse just in time, and they are all lying down, relaxing on some spare staging at about 45 degrees!! The greenhouse is fairly well ventilated, as some of the glass is missing (not on the roof though!), so it should dry quite nicely.. It is in complete contrast to last years crop which were rather pathetic, although delicious all the same!
Thanks all for your congrats! I will endeavour to get some pix up at the weekend!!
Emma :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic