Are foxes ever aggressive?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Tigger
KG Regular

I hate them - having managed to control them for over 20 years, it appears that we have another fox family 'en residence' in our orchard.

The badgers are back too. War on mice and rats continues.

Baaah. Humbug.......

I love spiders, ladybirds, lacewings, birds in general....
peter
KG Regular

Are you an insectiverous Tigger then? :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Tigger
KG Regular

Errr..... Maybe. :?: :? :wink:
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,
You would really like the intruders that I have at present. I have paying guests over the winter (grazing Sheep) and this morning there are three female deer feeding with the Sheep.
I am considering adding to my stock of Venison!
But I guess I would rather shoot myself than these wonderful creatures.
Yesterdays guests were well over 1000 Fieldfares and what a noisy crowd they were but sadly they had moved on this morning.
I am on an island at present because the roads are flooded N, S and W (no road to the E)
Have a young lady in my bath at this present time as I pulled her out of the flood in her Mercedes. Silly girl tried to go through three foot of water and her car is full of water and she was soaked almost up to her waste. She is petrified what her husband will say as it is new car worth over £30,000.
I have found her some clothes to wear and when her husband gets to the other side of the flood I will take her down in the Tractor. Have pulled three other people out as well. They have to get out to hitch up 'cos I found out my waders leak earlier on.
Oh the joys of rural life!
JB.
alan refail
KG Regular

"Have a young lady in my bath at this present time as I pulled her out of the flood in her Mercedes."

Johnboy

How do you do it :?: Rural life round here is much less exciting. Keep us posted on what happened next :wink:

Alan (no floods and empty bath)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Primrose
KG Regular

Johnboy, what an exciting life you lead out there in the country! When my car has broken down I've never had the fortune to find myself such a gallant rescuer. Did you offer to scrub her back as well?
In our neck of the wood we have a road which dips into a sharp cutting under a railway bridge and every time it rains, it floods a couple of feet deep. It's on the county boundary; neither county will accept the expense of putting in a new drainagesystem and I've lost count of the times I've come across somebody who has tried to drive through it and got their car stuck and flooded. I can see a whole new market for these amphibicars which drive on water as well as land if these downpours continue.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy, they reckon us country boys don't have as much fun as the townies, i just reckon they might have got that wrong. :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic