Can't always log in

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Malk
KG Regular

I'm having problems logging in.

I have tried to go in through both the Log In link or the Log In to check your messages link and the same thing happens. I get the log in page, I put in my details, it does the wait bar at the bottom of the page and then nothing happens. It doesn't take me to my messages if I try the latter and it doesn't take me to the forum index page. I've tried exiting the browser and starting again, sometimes this works after a few tries, usually it doesn't.

Today it logged me in through the message check link no bother, but lately it's either taken five or more tries or it doesn't log me in at all.

Any suggestions, explanations?
Welcome to Finland!!
Tigger
KG Regular

Hmmnnn.

When I use my work PC, it always automatically logs me in as soon as I click on 'Forum'.

At home, even though I've ticked the 'always log me in' and the 'Windows remember my password' buttons, I have to start from scratch every time.

A mystery!
Mr Potato Head

Sounds like this could be a cookie issue for both of you. Let me know which browser you are using, and i'll check up for you! :wink:
Mr Potato Head

First things first.

In firefox (Malk) you'll need to check that you have the relevant cookies, and that they cookies setting are correct.

1. Go to 'Tools > options...' menu
2. Click the 'Privacy' tab
3. Make sure that 'Accept cookies' is checked, and 'Keep until they expire' is selected.

If you have 'Always clear my private data' checked, you should make sure the settings for this have 'cookies' and 'saved passwords' unchecked. (Meaning that it won't clear this data!)

If you're still having problems, you could try the following, as well.

Follow steps 1&2 again...

3. Click 'Show cookies'
4. You should get a list of cookies, scroll down to 'kitchengarden.co.uk'
5. Select anything /everything that begins 'kitchengarden.co.uk' and click 'remove cookie' - repeat until no more KG cookies.
6. Close the cookies menu and restart firefox.
7. Now go back to the KG forum and log in. Hopefully, it'll log you in straight away, and behave as expected!

Fingers crossed! :idea:
Malk
KG Regular

have cleared the cookies and started from scratch and I managed to get in this time. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

I tried clicking always log me in before when I managed to log in and it didn't work. Tried it again this time, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it sticks.

Ta for your help PH, et al.
Welcome to Finland!!
Malk
KG Regular

Two days now and it's logged me in automatically and seems to be working properly. Hurrah.

Thanks again.
Welcome to Finland!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic