Preserving Pan

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Paula

Chez, sorry for the delay I brought the kitchen craft stainless one, I'm not keen on the idea of a aluminium one, it was this one - hope that helps

http://www.headcook.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id=1156

I did think about the AGA one but it a lot more money and I'm only going to use it a few time each year, I did soak a ham in it !! This pleased my hubby that I found more uses for it ! For the money its really good quality.
Chez
KG Regular

Well, that is the last thing I need. After a full eye examination today, I have been prescribed reading glasses. I thought I was just going blind. Not getting old! So the last thing I need is anything that interferes with my dopamine levels too. Stainless steel it is then. Thanks.

Of course you will sleep well tonight knowing all that.
Chez
KG Regular

Brilliant, thanks Paula. On your recommendation, that is just the one I am going to buy.
jane E 2

Chez - Fenwicks in Leicester have them - great cook shop on ground floor. A preserving pan is an absolute must for jam/marmalade making because although you can battle on with large saucepans, you can't get that rolling boil without the panic of them boiling over.
Chez
KG Regular

Thanks Jane - too late for the preserving pan now (went for the Kitchen Craft one), but I didn't know about Fenwicks, so a great reference for future needs.
Geoff
KG Regular

Don't usually read the cooking so this reply is probably too late, a couple of links :

http://www.alacook.co.uk/index.html?tar ... lang=en-gb

http://abbode-cookware.co.uk/acatalog/O ... G_130.html

and if it isn't too far to travel from Liverpool the kitchen shop in Boundary Mills at Colne is excellent and has jam pans.
lizzie
KG Regular

Cheers for that Geoff.

I could do with a day out anyway and Colne isn't far. Maybe about an hour or so up the motorway.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Geoff
KG Regular

You could do a round trip. LBS at Trawden outside Colne for anything plastic then the best garden centre in the area Riggs at Walsden just outside Todmorden. 10% off lots including seeds in the January sale and an extra 5% if you spend over £100. Bought loads of compost, fertiliser, lime, seed potatoes, shallots etc last weekend. Boundary Mill is turn right at the end of the M65, beside Asda.
jane E
KG Regular

Maybe I'll put you all off buying on the internet. Last night we got a letter from a neighbour 3 or 4 miles away, whom we didn't know. He had 3 parcels of ours dumped by a carrier on his late mother's doorstep. The name and address bore no relationship to ours.I know we're not easy to track down but to give up and dump them somewhere within a 5 mile radius is ridiculous. It's like me turning in at a different school and teaching maths to a year 2 class there because I can't be bothered to drive the last few miles!!Anyway my potatoes were sodden and had been out in that nasty frost the other night. I've dried them off and am watching them to see if they show any ill effects.
Tigger
KG Regular

I bought a new preserving pan today at John Lewis - stainless steel, solid base, etc. £39. Bargain price for the quality.
lizzie
KG Regular

Sounds like the same one that Grock bought. She said it's fab and got hers from George Henry Lee, a branch of John Lewis.
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

tigger have you used it yet?i love mine :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Tigger
KG Regular

I haven't - but the other half has and he says it's bril. Funny what makes people happy isn't it? Buy him a new pan and a few cake tins and he's a happy bunny.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

MY MUM BOUGHT ME A LORRY LOAD OF HORSE S..T FOR MY B.DAY WHEN I FIRST GOT MY PLOT,WELL BETTER THAN THE MARKS AND SPARKS SMELLIES SHE USUALY GETS ME :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots

Lizzie
Did you ever go exploring East Lancashire?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic