Greenhouse Reflections !

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

mjr600
KG Regular

Just a little tip which I've found useful at this time of year when the sun isn't as high or days are as long.

Those silver refective sheets that you see inside car windscreens on hot summer days are perfect for sitting on the back of staging. In my case with the position of the g'hse east to west they sit on the north side staging reflecting the suns rays back towards my sweet and chili peppers.

The sweet peppers have really appreciated the 'backlighting' and ripened quickly and the temp has been lifted by a couple of degrees.

You can pick them up at Home Bargains or similar for 99p.
The Stone Age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil.
Tigger
KG Regular

What a good idea.
peter
KG Regular

How about pasting kitchen foil on the inside of the glass on a north and tree-shielded side?

Any comments?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
mjr600
KG Regular

mjr600 is my dad but I got permission to log in with
his info!
I think it is a brill idea and that chilli concarni and that turkish butter bean side plate were yummy!

Well done Dad
I Love You
Chloe
xxx

P.S.I grew my own cabbages they were yum too!!! :D
The Stone Age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chloe, we think your dad is a clever old stick to, well done for growing those cabbages, mine always get attacked by caterpillars. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Allan
KG Regular

What is there similar for shading. The sheets I bought are far too flimsy to go outside. Netting doesn't give enough reflection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic