free but at a price

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

darrenc
KG Regular

having dismantled a free greenhouse and two very nice sheds also foc i noticed the greenouse door has no pulley wheels to facilitate opening and closing.does anybody out there know where i can get hold of a pair. i do not know the manufacturer of the greenhouse.
peter
KG Regular

Darren, any photo's you could post?
Might be able to make a suggestion if I can see the problem.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
darrenc
KG Regular

Sorry Peter unable to supply photos, but i dont think my request was worded clearly. What i am looking for are two of the wheels which are fixed onto all aluminium greenhouse doors and run on the rail which is fixed to the greenhouse frame.
John
KG Regular

Hello Darrenc
Try Two Wests. They do a lot of greenhouse accessories and I noticed these in their new catalogue:

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/product/GHDW.htm

Hope this helps.

John
peter
KG Regular

darrenc wrote:Sorry Peter unable to supply photos, but i dont think my request was worded clearly. What i am looking for are two of the wheels which are fixed onto all aluminium greenhouse doors and run on the rail which is fixed to the greenhouse frame.

All?

Last time I went through it my greenhouse door had ; one full height hinge, one standard type handle with catch, no wheels. :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
darrenc
KG Regular

Cheers John, will try Two Wests.
Allan
KG Regular

I have seen such wheels in a Garden Centre somewhere round Shrewsbury, I think it could have been Percy Thrower's GC which is still running.I may still have a packet that I bought in case I needed them.
I have fitted duplicate doors to both ends of my greenhouse to allow full ventilation as they are covered with large plastic mesh.I used a kit from Do-It-All for parts. If you cannot buy the wheels seperately some sliding door kits include them. One can only keep looking.
Allan
darrenc
KG Regular

Cheers Allan, but the Harrods Hort catalogue has just landed on my doormat and they sell them and very nice they look too. I can now get on with putting up a greenhouse solely for propagation so i am not forever juggling space in the tunnel and my other greenhouse.
Allan
KG Regular

Well done Darrenc.
I make use of my 25x10 almost entirely for propogation. They then move on to cooler places to harden off, such as a 'flowhouse' with net sides.

Allan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic