I'm in the Telegraph

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I've just been given a right telling off by my mother for not telling you lot that I was interviewed by the Daily Telegraph a couple of weeks ago. It's National Allotment Week next week and today's Telegraph Gardening Section has a feature on me and my plot etc. I feel thoroughly embarrassed about the whole thing 'cos I was expecting a small article and it's not, it's a big one (and I HATE having my photo taken. :oops:

However, now you know; it's out today and has a photo of Rocky too, which makes things slightly better. 8)
Last edited by Chantal on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Johnboy
KG Regular

You naughty, naughty, naughty girl!!
JB.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Woohoo! I'm off to buy the Telegraph! Endless material for winding up Chantal! :twisted:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, well done.
If you,ve got it flaunt it, and you certainly have, i've seen you in the K.G magazine. :shock: :wink:
Your getting more famous by the day. :D

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Chantal,
Just picked up my newspaper and I think it's wonderful. Well done! Will come to the Malverm Autumn Show armed with half crowns in order to speak to you!
I saw the wheelbarrow but not the monorail it runs on!
JB.
seedling
KG Regular

Just wondering if I can still grow my humble vegetables next to Chantal now that she is a media star. :lol: It is a great article though and Chantal looks so happy and content. Hopefully it will encourage others to have a go at allotments.
Seedling
Jenny Green
KG Regular

That was a great article, Chantal. Fantastic encouragement for others to have a go. I love that newspaper hyperbole, though. Were you really 'thrilled' to find you'd done 7km on your pedometer?
Chantal
KG Regular

Thanks guys.

JB, I have a monorail that runs right round my plot which my wheelbarrow scoots around on. It's a brilliant system which avoids bouncing around on all that uneven ground. :lol:

Jenny, thrilled is NOT how I felt at the time. Gobsmacked that I could have walked that far certainly. I put the pedometer on out of curiousity 'cos it always felt like I'd walked for miles; it was 6.8Km to be precise. What I can't understand is that I walk that distance quite regularly and with all the other exercise I get digging, cycling, etc, WHY do I not lose weight? :(

Tim IS thrilled with his part of the article and is carting round a copy of the Telegraph to show everyone. I suspect the customers at the Casa Loco will get more than they bargain for tonight. :shock:

Rosie cat has allegedly told Tim that she is horrified that Rocky (or Cockroach as they call him) is getting all the publicity and she isn't. They are plotting his downfall as I type. :lol:

Ah well, tomorrow's chip paper...
Chantal

Compo
KG Regular

When I read it today I was impressed, reminds me of me and my Missus, although she has just grounded me for a week (except for watering and picking duties!) so I can refurbish the bedroom, final coat of paint going on tomorrow but it has been a big job!!

Well done Chantal, celebrating allotment life!!!

Compo
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Piglet
KG Regular

Read it today Chanters at work, Nice piccies of your plot, yourself and the KFC to be. I wish I had time to sit in a chair though, to many jobs to do and not enough time to do it in.

Isnt it scary to be in print?
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Piglet

I didn't have time to sit in a chair either and the chair is out of my garden; I use plastic chairs on the plot but they're not photogenic enough!

Yes, very scary. :shock:
Chantal

Jenny Green
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:Hi Piglet

I didn't have time to sit in a chair either and the chair is out of my garden; I use plastic chairs on the plot but they're not photogenic enough!

Oh, that's ruined the image now! :evil:
Never believe what you read in the papers!
Chantal
KG Regular

Sorry Jenny, but if I left my rocker there for one night it would be nicked. Someone even stole some skanky old plastic ones a few weeks ago. :(

Seedling and I do in fact spend some considerable time lounging around in the plastic chairs when it's too hot to do anything else. :oops:
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

Wonderful article Chantal - I've brought it in to work this morning to show everyone.
Chantal
KG Regular

Which is more than I've done :oops: Only my boss knows as he reads the thing.

I've had some emails from colleagues around the country, the best being one saying "while you are being self sufficient, tell Tim to buy non-iron shirts..."
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic