Missing cat

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vivie veg
KG Regular

Have you tried under the bed?...one of my cats 'hide' from the neighbour who was feeding it during the holidays. The gap was only 2 inches, but she managed to get under it, but could not get out and did not make a sound until I came back and rescued her. This cat died at about 15 years old, but her litter brother went on to live until 20 and he had all the attributes of your cat but he also had the nasty habit of attacking the dogs when they were sleeping, with dier consequences. So I do sympathise with you. Having said that he was a VERY good ratter/mouser in his younger days and rarely came into the house then, but the last 3 years he lived entirely in the house.
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Thanks Vivie. Yes we have checked under the beds, even the ones she couldn't possibly fit under. I know I moan about her but it's only in fun. I shall miss her if she really has gone. :(
Wellie
KG Regular

Hi Jenny,

I had a cat once called Ivy. She developed a knack of throwing up between the panels of a double radiator. Now THAT is completely antisocial, particularly in the depths of winter, when you've got the heating on full..... It took us MONTHS to figure out where the smell was coming from !

Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion.....
Wellie
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. The good they do is inconceivable....
Deb P
KG Regular

Any sign of your cat yet Jenny?
Jenny Green
KG Regular

No, no sign at all, Deb. :( Thanks for asking.

Wellie, I'll tell DH about your cat. I'd never until now heard of a cat that surpassed ours in disgusting habits!
Deb P
KG Regular

Sorry to hear she hasn't turned up yet. One of mine disappeared for two weeks, then turned up skinny and stinking of beer! Smelled so bad, we had to shampoo him, we decided he had either been abducted by a tramp, or had been locked in the cellar of the local pub!

My friend acts as an 'agent' to help house abandoned cats/kits, and was telling me she has only had one cat 'returned'. Apparently, he had the habit of pooing in strange places, the owner had to play follow the smell....one day a smell was foul, but they couldn't tell where he had deposited his little present, somewhere in the sitting room. Eventually they found he had crawled under the sofa, scratched through the hessian covered underframe, and pooed INSIDE the sofa! That was the last straw.....
Chantal
KG Regular

I had a beautiful tabby called Jodie who disappeared for anything from one night to four months at a time. He always turned up again if the weather got bad and I never knew where he'd been.

I hope yours shows up soon, dead or alive, it's the not knowing that's so difficult to cope with.

By the way, until he died last year (age 16) my Holly had most of the charming habits of your lady with the addition of spraying on the TV, stereo, fish tank, whatever I was looking at, if I chose to ignore him when he was demanding something of me. He also used to swipe anything and everything off the bedside cabinet onto my head in the middle of the night if I didn't wake up and feed him at first wail. I broke my heart when he died and still miss the cantankerous old sod.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic