Screaming frogs?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Deb P
KG Regular

Can frogs scream?

I had my back door open yesterday evening, and heard a noise a bit like a cross between a really loud squeak and a scream, several times.

My cat was sitting looking very interested in a clump of comfrey, and as I approched a frog leapt out and headed off. I distracted the cat away, but I've never heard frogs make that noise before! I know its supposed to be a bit of a myth, but now I've heard it, maybe not! Anyone else heard anything like this?!
Chantal
KG Regular

Yes and it's truly awful, especially in the middle of the night. :shock: You wouldn't think something that small could make such an awful noise but at least they just seem to do it when cornered and in danger. :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
vicki
KG Regular

Our cat caught one and it screamed - we wondered what on earth was happening, but at least the cat dropped it pretty quick - think he was a bit shocked!! :lol:
Smiling is infectious....
Jude
KG Regular

The one and only time I've really seen Jim, my husband,lose his cool was, when walking home from the pub, aged about 20, (him, not the pub) he stood on a frog and it screamed. Not as loud as him, though.
Still get a fit of the giggles just remembering it :!: :lol: :twisted:
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Franksmum
KG Regular

Ugh yes I've heard them scream when the cats have caught them or worse, they've been caught by the lawnmower.... :oops:
pillbug
KG Regular

Yes we`ve also had screaming frogs tho` worse is in winter when you find them standing,one front leg raised desicated and perfectly preserved between the back of the sofa next to the radiator!
Talking of cats we had THE NIGHT OF THE LONG WORMS!You`d be sitting watching the t.v. and the carpet pattern would move,it took a little time to realise that DH and I were seeing the same,so not dodgy wine but cat.Hard to be impressed with mass worm hunting!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic