baby chic

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Curly_cat
KG Regular

We have just adopted a baby chic.. it is 6days old and is ssooooo cute.. it follows me around everywhere, it comes when called and when doing the house work it climbs the stairs and wont let me out of its sight.. it even sits or pecks my foot when it wants to come for a cuddle.. who ever said dogs where a mans best friend i can honeslty say chics are :D but have any of you good advice on lokking after one of these little darlings.
Carole B.
KG Regular

I used to have a duck like that...she would follow me around and then poo under the bed (wood floor thank goodness)when she was little she had her swim in the sink.If she encountered a man with a beard she would jump on their lap and try to nibble it off!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Carole B, I hope the men with beards weren't under your bed when the duckling tried nibbling their beards. :shock: :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm living with a 6 week old Light Sussex cockerel who was badly beaten up by his fellow chicks when he was 4 weeks old. If I'd left him in with the others he'd have been killed so he has his own little run in the garden, spends his nights in the house in the cat basket and every available moment at the allotment with me. Hopefully when he's bigger I can reintegrate him with the girls (the other boys have now gone) and they'll all be one happy family again. In the meantime he's chief bug and grub collector and happy as a clam when he's scratching around the plot.

He's not a blood relative of my two girls who hatched a large batch of imported eggs so if I do breed from them at least it won't be incest (not that chickens care too much). Oh, his name is Rocky by the way, 'cos he had a big cut under and over his eye and just reminded me of the film. He's also got bags of character and just loves being in my car.

The only advice I can give is to make sure your chick has the right food whilst it's growing up. Other than that, play it by instinct; that's what I've always done. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic