Happy Birthday, Clive.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Clive and hope you have a good day!

Thank you for being a really good member of the Forum.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Have a good day from me too.
Primrose
KG Regular

Best wishes for a happy day from me too!
Stravaig
KG Regular

Happy Birthday, Clive! :D
Westi
KG Regular

So many Xmas birthdays! I hope you had a wonderful day Clive!
Westi
Clive.
KG Regular

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes... To recap on the day, I visited work to feed the cats and check greenhouses, headed next to the Co-op for a quick shop... and along the High Street in search of a new 1ltr kettle. Our local hardware shop came up trumps, £5 more than a possible online purchase but I had it there and then and didn't miss a delivery and have to travel to the drop off point etc...treated myself to a new work Thermos flask too. I used to chuckle at my dear uncles old flask when I went for ride in his builders lorry as a lad. It was one of those tartan pattern metal Thermos that had rusted through and maybe been too close to many bags of cement. I noticed the other day that my flask was looking awfully grubby..not rusted through as it's plastic..but its tired look did make me think of uncle's..

Then I had a bit of time sorting my stock of work trousers, they are sort of graded, those that still are ok for work and some that are only good for jobs at home...except the rail that they lodge on is only so long...actually the length of the upstairs hallway and is a handrail that was put in for my dad to safely walk along there in times past. The sort out has seen some set aside for the rag bin. To highlight how bad this was, I found amongst the outgrades a t-shirt that was from Radio Caroline 47yr event....and they are about to celebrate 60 yrs in 2024.!!
There's much more to sort...

I finished the day with a quick self inflicted hair cut..down to 1/4"...with my lockdown purchased trimmer which even with its then inflated price has now well paid for itself..
..and then a natter on the phone to a friend that I used to holiday with some years ago...

Thank you, and Seasons Greetings to all,
Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A lovely reply, Clive, and as normal, made me smile while reading it…..and your clothes sound very similar to mine….🙂

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And Sam and Lily send belated Birthday wishes….🙂

robo
KG Regular

Sorry I missed your birthday Clive I hope you enjoyed it I’ve been very busy not had time to clock in cheers dave
Primrose
KG Regular

I smiled about your "work clothes" Clive. Not long ago I threw out my disgusting torn old gardening anorak which had actually started life 57 years ago on our honeymoon!
My husband laughed and asked "Are you sure you don't want to keep it a bit longer?"
Clive.
KG Regular

Hanging in the shed at work..now really just for effect..is my old St Michael brand brown anorak that was my first gardening coat..it has been through many rose bushes and shrubberies...and looks like it has.

I now faff about washing machine wax proofing the current one...but it'll never have the character of that old one.! It was originally my school coat to fit over a blazer but it never really saw service there...not hip to put a coat on, even in them days...

C.
Primrose
KG Regular

Why is it young lads never seem to want to wear a winter coat? Is it some form of masochism? I watch a lot of lads walk past our house these winter mornings and no matter how low the temperature, few of them still seem to be wearing any protection over their school blazers.

Still I suppose they're all so busy staring into their mobile phones they don't notice how cold it is !!
robo
KG Regular

Sorry I missed your birthday Clive I hope you had a great time
Clive.
KG Regular

Thank you Robo,
The time of the season here sees me trying to catch up in the garden at home. A bit more sorted today, finishing off a light prune of the Bountiful apple tree which opened up the next strip of digging. I dig the garden in roughly 4ft wide strips...I've got the easy bits nearly done...so then I'll have to break out onto the bits that are a little more neglected...and the vacuum cleaner has been running again today, for a bit more cobwebbing...

C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic