Christmas Card

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

tigerburnie
KG Regular

Seasons Greetings to all our gardeners, here's hoping for a great growing season.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Thanks, Tiger. All the best to you too! :D And everyone else, of course.

Sadly, I'm not gardening anything right now. Too many house moves, depression, arguments with employers, and now spouse, wrong season, no idea what happened to my hydroponics system.

Dunno if I belong here, but I really like the people and am happy to do the kitchen side while you do the garden. :D
I just want to have a nice life but that seems to be beyond my reach right now.
Westi
KG Regular

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I hope you all have a wonderful day & look forward to hearing about your fun & frolics!

It will hopefully be very quite with no catastrophes here. The cat that would attempt to steal the turkey; or a least a bit of it when it was stoking hot died just over a year ago at 22yrs. She was a clever cat & could open the fridge door so we had to have children's locks put on it. It will be nice to concentrate on what I am doing this year without her meowing at the window or sneaking in when we went outside for something, but I do miss her as even though as naughty as, she was great fun! Luckily she never taught the other critters her party tricks! :)
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

We were commenting earlier how several Christmas cards have arrived this year without the name of a sender written inside and we,re hoping this is just seasonal pressure and distraction rather than more of our elderly friends suffering from dementia.

We usually listen to the Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College but sadly even that this year failed to trigger a memorable start to our Christmas with some ultra modern pieces which sounded more screeched than sung and which were utterly unmemorable.

At least Christmas lunch tomorrow will be traditional even if most other aspects of Christmas have gone ultra modern. Perhaps these things just lose their magic as you get older, or is it the constant "modernising" and tinkering with traditions which makes them lose their magic.

Know what you mean about missing a cat at Christmas Westi. Ours always managed to derobe the Christmas tree of some of its decorations at least once every season, presumably in his attempt to track down the customary wrapped Catnip filled mouse !
Westi
KG Regular

I just get lot's of messages on FB to say my friends are not sending cards but donating to a particular cause they support. While I think this is very noble it could hark to the demise of the Christmas Card & I have to ask why can't they just set up a monthly donation if they want to support something? This would mean the charity could control their resources better knowing they had a guaranteed certain amount to spend each month.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Greetings everybody.
Have a peaceful and happy day wherever you are.

A wry smile to share.
Our Christmas gifted poinsettia shed its last leaves and wilted flowers today. Definitely a case of "sic transit gloria mundi" when it comes to keeping these plants alive beyond Christmas . Does anybody have the secret to keeping them going and producing red flowers for a second year?
Last edited by Primrose on Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snooky
KG Regular

Happy Christmas one and all.Have wonderful day
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic