House move imminent so it's full-on here

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Our rental contract of the flat ends on Tuesday so it's full-on this weeknd. Yeah, I know we've had plenty of time to do something before, but we didn't for various reasons.

Our house is in chaos with boxes and goodness know what all else and we need to get the flat emptied. We decided to have a household goods sale. Our house was let out fully furnished and the flat was unfunished - so we had to furnish it. Thus we find ourselves with enough stuff for two homes. We've leafletted every flat in the building and have already had some interest. We're hopeful that we'll sell at least some of the stuff but it's probably unlikely we'll sell it all. I expect we'll end up having to rent another storage locker. We do, of course, give a lot of stuff to charity shops but a whole flat full of furniture plus other goods, eg stand mixer, rice cooker, steam cleaner, etc, etc is too much if we can otherwise make a few bob out of it.

Our nextdoor neighbour of the flat - a big burly lad - has kindly offered to help shift the big stuff. I'm ill again - all stress and anxiety related so that's not helping matters. The problem that's exacerbating it could and should have been quickly resolved in March. It's almost the end of October and we're no further forward despite weekly chasers. It's shameful that we're being treated in this way.

Anyway, I'll be glad when this is all over and will probably want to sleep for a week.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Nice to have a good neighbour.
Primrose
KG Regular

Hope all smoothly Stravaig. You,ll never want to move again after this I suspect. It must be a really stressful time.

Sleeping fora werk onceyiu,re back in yiur hiuse is not a bad idea. - or 48 hiurs anyway. Probably the best way of reducing stress and blood pressure levels. at least you can then take your time!
Stravaig
KG Regular

I posted a long reply - maybe took too long but I was chucked out. It doesn't bode well.
Primrose
KG Regular

V annoying when this happens. Happened to me on this site too quite recently. Think it,s happened to somebody else too.

Think the only thing one can perhaps do is type a long reply in another place and copy and paste it into the KG site but I doubt few people have the patience for that.
Westi
KG Regular

A couple of folk have said the same. I've lost my posts, usually by posting at the same time as someone else & I'm alerted to that post & go in to see that post then find mine has disappeared.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic