Christmas!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

The post has just arrived, including a missive from Lakeland to tell me that the joy of Christmas is inside. :roll: OH is still on 'late summer' and most of us are in autumn. (Hint to OH.) We're in late September.

That's the first Christmas thing I've seen this year but no doubt the stable door has been opened and it will all be galloping towards us. Bah!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I like to drag every warm day into late Summer….I know dear Monika will be frowning down on me!🙂
I like to think of Autumn when the leaves start falling….and there’s no moving me from that thought, Stravaig….😀
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

And we've just had a message from our online supermarket telling us to book a Christmas delivery spot before they all go!.
I do HATE being knee jerked into the next season's planning like this. As you get older time already moves too quickly without the commercial sector trying to speed things up even more.

Perhaps when the leaves start colouring up OH it will be time to officially declare Autumn. They're still very green around here.
Geoff
KG Regular

I digress. Talking of leaves. Lots are coming off still green in this lovely weather and I expect a load more in the next 24 hours (if not complete trees) but do I put them in the bags I use for leafmould or wait for proper Autumn leaves?
Primrose
KG Regular

Don't know Geoff. Don't know if they'll start decomposing more quickly exposed to the elements or tucked up in warming up leaf mould bags.
Guess it depends on how many calories you've used up in your daily exercise plan!
Westi
KG Regular

Funnily driving around the lanes today we commented on the lack of Autumn colour on the trees yet, but if like my fruit trees they have enjoyed the rain, there was enough of it after all to reach even the deepest roots!
Westi
darui
KG Regular

Stravaig wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:48 am The post has just arrived, including a missive from Lakeland to tell me that the joy of Christmas is inside. :roll: OH is still on 'late summer' and most of us are in autumn. (Hint to OH.) We're in late September.

That's the first Christmas thing I've seen this year but no doubt the stable door has been opened and it will all be galloping towards us. Bah!
This holiday season, ensure safety and peace of mind with the ultimate gift – a comprehensive car check! Give the gift of reassurance by providing your loved ones with a thorough examination of their vehicle. A car check https://carcheck123.com/free-car-check ensures that everything from brakes to engine performance is in top-notch condition, promoting safety on the road. It's the thoughtful present that goes beyond material possessions, offering the priceless gift of security and reliability. This Christmas, invest in the well-being of those you care about with a meticulous car check, ensuring smooth journeys and worry-free travels into the new year.
Love Christmas in general. This Christmas, the joy of giving reaches new heights with the perfect surprise – a car! Imagine the excitement of gifting a loved one the keys to a vehicle, a symbol of freedom and endless possibilities. Whether it's a sleek new model or a vintage classic, a car as a Christmas gift adds a touch of magic to the festive season. It's a present that goes beyond the ordinary, creating lasting memories and experiences. The joy of driving into the holiday spirit becomes a cherished part of the celebration, making this Christmas truly unforgettable.
Last edited by darui on Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primrose
KG Regular

The older I get, the more I dread it i,m afraid. It seems to bring news of more of our friends and contacts passing away, and a growth in false commercial congeniality where the general oublic are tempted to spend more money buying things they can,t afford and probably don,t often need anyway.

The skies are grey today and I'm obviously in a post-Christmas "Bah Humbug" mood !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Had our first Christmas cards of the year, today….some people seem to be sending them out earlier each year….😀

Primrose
KG Regular

Obviously trying to pre-empt another postage stamp increase before next December !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That’s brilliant, Primrose…..😀

Myrkk
KG Regular

LOL. Happily we’ve moved closer to family but as they age less are hand deliverable and more are being posted to friends “down souff”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic