Valor potatoes

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

retropants
KG Regular

I’ve dug my first valor maincrops up today, 2 plants, only 8 tubers, but a good size. I need to ‘honour’ them, as there aren’t many, I can’t decide how to cook them to their best advantage! They are floury to firm, apparently a good all rounder. I’ve never grown this variety before, has anyone else?
Primrose
KG Regular

Sorry Retropants. Have never grown them but they sound as if they would be nice roasters or jacket potatoes cooked in oven rather than in microwave.p

Am still trying to work out what variety the black skinned potatoes are my husband came home from the supermarket with this morning. He bought them because they were "different" but am sure he wasn't expecting the flesh inside to be black as well!
retropants
KG Regular

At our work do a couple of weeks ago they served potato salad with purple potatoes in. Looked very wrong to my eyes!
Primrose
KG Regular

Agree it,s hard to accept vegs which are a different colour to "normal" ones. My window cleaner wouldn,t touch yellow tomatoes when Ifirst offered him some. - . he,d never heard of them and thought they were poisonous!
White beetroot red cabbage
Purple Brussels sprouts
Red carrots

Who know what other new variants we,ll see over the years ahead?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic