Who still visits the forum?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Nope, no intention of retiring. Husband is only late 50s and we'd rather have the salary.

I'm not much of a gardener. I just do it if I have to, eg if we're in a country that doesn't have this that or the next thing, then I'll try to grow it for my kitchen.

We're just reclaiming our house because we can. It's currently let out and we've let that run but it expires in early August so we might as well have our own home back as opposed to renting a flat nearby. The house is on a hill so the garden slopes from left to right and up and down. It's not very suitable for me. We'd like to move but now doesn't seem like a good time.
Primrose
KG Regular

Am sure it will be good psychologically to get your own home back and eliminate the pressure of alternative base hunting.
Hopefully in time yiu can find a house with a more suitable garden as age or disability catches up with you. It usually seems to be the gardening issues which force a house move decision in later life. It's fine in winter but the moment the spring growing season arrives, people get overwhelmed by the amount of maintenance involved. Having that problem here!
Stravaig
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,
I did write a lengthy reply but it disappeared and I don't have the heart to rewrite it. :)
Primrose
KG Regular

That,s interesting. I,ve responded two two posts on here today which have both also mysteriously disappeared. Must be another of those Groundhog days !
Stravaig
KG Regular

It's a pity because this is alienating the few loyal supporters the foum has left.
Primrose
KG Regular

I,ve just lost another potential post after pausing a few moments mid stream. Seems there may be a time limit for completing posts and If you hesitate , the post disappears.
Can anybody confirm whether this is standard procedure?
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I do visit the forum occasionally. It's nice to read what other members are sowing and their results. I will try to post more often if it helps. Incidentally I can't post pictures anymore, perhaps my photographs were too boring for the forum.

Stormy weather on the way here for the weekend, some local agricultural shows have now been cancelled. Never rains but it pours.

Best wishes

Barney
Primrose
KG Regular

A shame when horticultural shows get cancelled. People put such a lot of work in preparing for them and it's truly exciting to see the high standards some amateur growers achieve.
Have never entered a show. My best amateur achievements always seem to have peaked either before or after a show date..
Last edited by Primrose on Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We love your posts, Barney, so if you are able to post a little more often, it will please many a forum member.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Our dear Monika, used to love entering the local show, and used to win quite a few classes….

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Are you there, Clive…..🙂

Clive.
KG Regular

At the time of the above question I was not here to read it....but was indeed there ;) as it was open air theatre night with all braving the elements.

C.
Compo
KG Regular

I am still here. Just don't get to post that much, but all is well not retired yet Still working 1 or 2 days a week. Spending time pottering around on my plot, still volunteering with sea cadet Life's busy, glad you're all still here, though. I'll try and visit more often.
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That’s what we desperately need, Compo….

Myrkk
KG Regular

Not a reply within a month but I’m back after a 6yr hiatus… Wondering what the changes to the forum were and when they happened, don’t see much change but then it was a long time ago I was here last.
Did think it was rather quiet compared to when I last visited but changes would explain it.
Really hope things pick up as this place used to rank, along with my garden, as my happy chill place. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic