Who still visits the forum?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I was just working over the allotments, and started to wonder how many active members we still actually have….thought we could let this run for a month and just see.

I’m one of the most positive people but, I have a feeling, even i’m going to be shocked by how few active members we have left….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

O.H. I feel that since the powers to be altered the system that worked perfectly, things are dying a death. What ever happened to. If it ant broke don't fix it. I feel most were of a certain age group, and we do not take kindly to change. I suppose the powers to be will not admit they dropped the preverbal B***K and would rather the site die its slow death. shallotman.
retropants
KG Regular

I’m still here,I check in several times a day (sometimes it’s boring at work!)
Clive.
KG Regular

I'm still here ;) just a very busy time of year...the work garden wins my time at the expense of my own..
..although I've started of my jazzy potatoes and very nice too..with some radeo peas from the freezer and some Boston chipolata sausages :)

C.
Westi
KG Regular

I just wrote a response to this but must have posted at the same time as Clive so it has gone. I will re-post tomorrow as a bit long & have to water!
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It should have still been there, Westi, you just have to submit it again….this has happened to me a few times now!

Geoff
KG Regular

I think we are less than 10 but who are the hundreds of other visitors, I guess mainly overseas by the active times of day.
Colin2016
KG Regular

I check in daily.
snooky
KG Regular

Me,too.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
robo
KG Regular

I try to get involved but like a lot of people I get pulled in different directions I promise to try harder
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Please don’t think i’m having a moan about the amount of posts, members are making, infact nothing is further from the truth…i’m not even suggesting we should think of ways of encouraging new members!
Just wanted to find out how many members will post within a month….

Geoff
KG Regular

I might be wrong, up to nine.
Westi
KG Regular

I can't find the post anywhere so here's the basics!

I do agree to a point with Shallot Man that the change in the forum has put off a lot of those that did pop in & out as it was a huge surprise & hard to grasp & we are in regularly so kinda limped our way through with each others support.

It is quite insular currently, the link at the bottom telling us about new members could be improved with KG sending out a welcome e-mail on the forum & we could also welcome them, find out their interests & experience & offer more encouragement to join in the chatter or ask questions. All the different lists or where to post something is confusing & would be better run on a single or couple of feeds where when you ask something the Title is your query & anyone with an interest can add on & answer or add another perspective or just skip if of no interest.

I know the following is kinda swearing but a bit like those garden sites on FB. ;) Just one single place to post about anything. Some regular folk are nominated as volunteer moderators & can remove posts immediately if in breech of rules which are then followed up by proper admin or FB if really naughty. Number or posts or days is set & those posts are then archived into topics which you can search retrospectively for info but not add to. Added to this poor show - is GYO really stopping, this months mag went out without a mention ? If progressing here is another opportunity to do something now on proper garden sites. I note KG is putting out stuff on FB & getting a good number of likes even on my private feed so opportunity is knocking to offer a link to a mag with professional input not just fads & trends off YouTube, but of course they would be welcomed if legal, as we are grown ups & can make our own decisions!
Westi
peter
KG Regular

"Some regular folk are nominated as volunteer moderators & can remove posts immediately if in breech of rules which are then followed up by proper admin or FB if really naughty." that's me that is.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And a very good job you make of it too, Peter, thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic